Looking for a glass installation shop in Colorado.USA

Although State Farm will pay for my new windshield I need to find a shop that can order and install all of the parts themselves. Otherwise I open myself up to the possibility of the shop cracking the windshield and being out almost $500 USD.

Anyone know of someone in Denver or Northern Colorado well versed in windshield installation?

Gerard
Loveland, Colorado

Does State Farm not have a preferred glass installer to do the job.

Two hours of phone calls and they have a lot of providers but would not suggest anyone who was versed in Jaguars. I would have to do a ton of legwork to find someone competent to handle the task. I had a shop on the line in a three way conversation with SF and they did not want to touch the job. They could not even find the correct part number for our GTO. It is going to be a challenge. I have ZERO deductible on all of the glass just a matter of finding someone to do the job.

Gerard

I have had excellent work done by the Safelite shop in Greeley.

Elite—a division of Safelite—has also done many windshields on my cars, and they come to you!

Paul,

They have done Jaguars?

Gerard

They did Tweety, and frankly, a Jaguar windshield is no more difficult or tricky than any other car.

Apparently if I say Jaguar folks start running. I am going to replace the chrome trim and the rubber gasket too.

One problem is getting them to order it so THEY are liable. I have to supply them with the vendors who are retail and they like to deal with wholesale vendors.

Second question: can the chrome trim be put on a few months after the glass install? These pieces are are deep back-order with the usual vendors

Gerard

Cant say: i used an aftermarket seal on Tweety, and the trim could not be fitted!
Use only stuff from a reputable supplier and yes, it can.

Even when it fits, it can be fiddlely to get the trim in.

Are there any classic car restoration shops in your area? If so, ask then who they send their glass installation to if they do not do it in-house.

If the rubber gasket has a slot the trim goes in it needs to be installed as the glass is installed not afterward, you run risk of cracking the glass if not.

The only shop I know of is Sports Car Craftsman - run by Paul Dierschow. They are in Arvada and specialize in British cars. http://www.sportscarcraftsmen.com/
I don’t know how they are with glass.
That said they tend to be super busy and crowded causing them to leave cars out in there fenced back lot, so I’d seek to have them do the job quickly or insist that they keep it inside.
BC

PM me, for a personal story, regarding the shop you mention.