Looking for experienced E-Type interior installer in So Cal

I’m liking the kit from World Upholstery and Trim (not purchased yet) but they no longer do installs.
Checked with BAS but they are quite a distance from Orange County.

Lots of Google Maps hits anybody have any experience around Southern California?

BrianM
'64 S1 3.8 FHC

I can’t help with an actual installer, but I can say that most of the job is very straightforward. The hardest part, espcially on a 3.8 is the seats, but with enough guidance it should be doable. Most of the mistakes I’ve seen would have been prevented by just watching the videos that BAS has posted. So a self install if you have the time would provide a fine result at the best price. You can also send just the seats to BAS of CJ or somewhere else and get them done while you complete the rest of it.

Highly recommend K & H European auto Upholstery in Garden Grove.

Go see their work and talk to Nicole. It will be worth the trip.

http://www.khupholstery.com

They did my seats and console, as well as a friends car. ( when I lived out there )

Bob F

1 Like

I too used K&H European Auto Upholstery for my kit and they re-did my 3.8 seats at their shop. Excellent work and materials. I have installed two FHC kits so far myself. The other was from BAS and I really didn’t see much difference in the materials quality and at that time K&H was less money. I never worked with a World Upholstery kit, but from the days when I was shopping for my interior kit (2014) they weren’t competitive on price. I researched all of the suppliers that were close in price and compared what was included in each kit to make my decision. Without a list of contents to compare you have no way to compare kit prices. My advice is to ask for the contents listing from each before you commit to buy.

K+H here also. It has been about 6 years, but they were 2/3 the price of every where else I checked. Nicole and Tim were both great. I did all of the install, with the exception of covering the seats. I took them to a pro and we disassembled them at his shop. I took the frames and parts home and sand blasted and painted them. The rails went off to zinc platters. Took the refinished parts back to the pro and he finished them up. If you go this route, come back and ask about the right glues and how to use them. Call them and they will send you swatches.

2 Likes

Its really not hard to do yourself

K n H is the place…if you can rebuld a jag ,you can do most of the interior…

The best upholstery shop I know of is in Orange County. Little John runs Interior Concepts in Fountain Valley, his mobile number is 714.267.9996. He has had more interior work on the lawn at Pebble Beach and in the concept car displays there than anyone else I know. And he does cars that get driven also.