Looking for Tach illumination lamps

My car was missing these lamps when I bought it and I am having no success finding them at the usuals. I believe the P/N is C16898. A lookup on the PN at SNG produces a hit but it has wires coming from it instead of a single connector. This doesn’t match my harness which has a series of spade connectors that go across the instrument panel serving all the lamps in the left dash.

I’m guessing the proper tach lamps look like the speedo lamps (although I think the speedo might have a different P/N C16897). The speedo one looks like this:

If anyone has their dash apart it would help if I knew whether the tach and speedo have the same lamps and if not a picture of the proper tach lamp would be great. Of course if anyone has a source for the correct lamp that would earn many brownie points.

Any ideas?

John North
1967 S1 Roadster

You need to let us know if you looking for the light bulb, the lamp socket, or both?

Hi John, your picture is what’s on the back of my '65 tachometer. To me, they look the same on the tach and speedometer.

John - check out this thread, and in particular the post I linked. It looks like you’re after a C612M from British Wiring. It looks like they may be out of stock currently though.

We had a long and productive discussion about LED dash lights last September:

Only covers the lights though. As I recall, I’m pretty sure the speedo and tach sockets are the same.

John
If you want more confirmations I’m sure they are right
I’ll look at mine tomorrow if I can get to it … dash is off
Skied in 3 feet of powder today went over the front 3 times ……might be sore
Cheers

1 Like

Actually, Rob, I think that’s a C611M and that seems to be stock. I ordered a couple, will see how they work.

By the way, Richard Liggitt, as you can tell by now I was looking for the socket. But let me say that your book on the S2 is my goto resource when I can’t find precise details that I need, such as part numbers. I did find the ones quoted here in your S2 book, even though I am working on an S1. The book was expensive but I I relied on other people when they said it was well worth it. Now I wouldn’t be without it. Thanks for all the work you did,

John North
S1 Roadster

1 Like

John here’s a pic of mine

British wiring has a lot of sockets …try them