Looking for the last Owner of my S2 E-Type

Hello community
First of all, HAPPY NEW Year !

I’m asking your help, as sombody may have an information I’m looking for since years.

In October 2012, I’ve bought an light blue E-type FHC S2 from a dealer (Driver Source) in Texas.
I’ve shipped the car over to Switzerland, where I live. I completely dissasembled the car and it took me 6 1/2 years to finish the restauration.
The result is a fantastic Car that I’m really enjoing.
However, as I’m trying to put the car’s history toghether, I’m missing the last owner.
I could trace it down to a name and a (unfortunately not anymore working) e-mail address.
The name is “Kim A. Cox” (Arthur Cox’s son) and the e-mail was “kimac@att.net
Mr. Cox was (or still is) a member of this community and known as “KIMAC1”.
Does anybody know Mr. Cox and maybe knows how I could get in contact with him ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards from Switzerland
Paulo
paulo.demoura@swissonline.ch

Paulo,

Welcome to the forum! I have a few suggestions/comments for you:

1. @KIMAC1 hasn’t posted here since 2012 so it’s unlikely that they are still active

2. @Kimac1 also posted under the ID @KIMAC so check out those posts too

3. In several of the posts they sign themselves as “K. Arthur Cox” so the full name is likely Kim Arthur Cox

4. To narrow down the location in the US I suggest that you read all of their posts which may give some clues. You mentioned you bought the car from Texas, which is one clue. I noted that in one post @KIMAC1 mentioned having the car worked on in East Central New Jersey - another possibility.

5. Google is your friend. With the full name Kim Arthur Cox you will not have a lot of possibilities to pursue. I only found one such name in New Jersey - located in Middletown, NJ. That site also gave an incomplete email address (the ISP), so you might try using the username from the defunct att email address with that new ISP domain.

Good luck in your detective work.

2 Likes

Hello David
Thank you very much for your reply.
Lets see, if I manage to get more information.
Kind regards
Paulo

Paulo

Have you tried looking at xkedata.com ?
It is a database with the goal of locating and tracking ALL E-Types (also known as XKEs) – and I think recently the database has been expanded to include XK-1X0s.

There is no registration required. The XKE database is sorted using your Jag’s VIN.
The database-master is exhaustive and comprehensive in his open-source searches. He checks eBay sales,

bring-a-trailer, and CraigsList to mention a few. He’ll diligently update the car’s history .

Good Luck is your search

Craig

1 Like

I believe @paul_spurlock is he, if not one of the principals.

GREAT resource!