Looking to buy an X300

Hello everyone.

I’m from West Sussex, UK and although I never owned a Jag before, I am currently looking to buy a X300/8.

Seen a few cars advertised, but still waiting for the right car in the ideal condition (doesn’t have to be perfect, but don’t want a car tht needs tons of welding) with the right colour (no silver, gold, grey) and a decent spec.

Leaning towards the X300 due to being more DIY friendly compared to the V8 and also most folk tell me its a better built car compared to the X308.

Anyway, hopefully I’ll get my hand on one soon!

If you weren’t “across the pond” there would be many XJ models available. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be of much help.

Hello, you have made a good choice of model to be looking for.

I am based in London/North West Kent and own a XJR6 in red and love it (not for sale lol)

The big questions are what is your bugget, are you willing to travel to view and were are you looking?

There are a couple of nice cars on the JEC website (I like the look of the Daimler) https://jec.org.uk/classifieds/index.php?page=cars-for-sale&category=1602

If not already a member of a Jaguar club, then I think it’s a worth while thing to do, as then you can ask in your local region about cars for sale and often you will get leads on cars not currently for sale.

If you have a high bugget then you can’t go wrong with a car from Japan (no rust) and Swallows have one for sale at the moment

Good luck on your search, and keep us updated :slight_smile:

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ll definitely look into the links you mentioned and join the JEC.
My budget is £3000 maximum to allow a bit of work to be done. I enjoy working on cars and would like to do things in addition to the usual servicing. It’ll also provide some content for my YouTube channel.

I found a couple of interesting cars already, so I’ll look into them in the next few days.
Once I get one, I’ll let you know.

Many thanks,

Gentil

1 Like

What’s the channel username??

It’s called Gentil’s Garage:

https://youtube.com/c/GentilsGarage

Interesting. I also have an E30 and the X300. Very good choice of cars :+1:

Thanks. Unfortunately I haven’t got the E30 anymore, but would love to have one in the future. Had 5 of those in the past as well a few other 80’s BMW’s and loved them.