Looking to sell my 87 XJSC.... help?

I’m looking to sell my cabriolet and was wondering who can advise the best place to do it. Want it to go to someone who appreciates the car. I’ve owned it since 88 and it is in fantastic shape. 123,000 original kilometres.

Any advice?

1 Like

Jason,
This is an international list and it would help if you told us where in the world you live.
You could post a Classified Advertisement here on Jag-Lovers and include pictures and a writeup. If you are located in the USA you should investigate Bringatrailer.com as they do a pretty good job on well prepared collector cars. Others may chime in with other suggestions once you tell us your location.

I have no affiliation with Bringatrailer.com other than as a satisfied customer.

Paul

1 Like

Thank you… I’m located in Canada… just outside of Toronto. I’ll put a listing up on this forum and see if there is a response. The market for these cars is all over the place from what I can see… hard to set a price. I’ve tried to add a few pics to this response.

Thanks for your help

Jason,
Check out the sales history on Bringatrailer.com for your model to help you determine what the market price might be for your car. BaT keeps all the writeups, bids, and pictures from their auctions by model so you can see how other cars listed on BaT compare to yours and how the bidding went. Hagerty insurance also has a price guide for most makes models that might be helpful to you.

Paul

Jason . . .
Since you’re just outside Toronto, try contacting Allan Lewis at www.vintagecarconnection.com. He’s located in Singhampton, north of Orangeville, and does classic car appraisals. He might be able to give you some suggestions on marketing your car.
Best of luck . . . Ron McLeod

Did you ever sell ? I may be interested . Chris

Still for sale.

Harry Price

Yes it is still for sale. Let me know what I can tell you about the cat.

Yes it is still for sale. Let me know what you would like to know about the car.

What kind of price are you thinking? I’ve always wanted the Targa top. I have a handful of these and enjoy working on them. I know you’re quite far from me but if the price was right it might be worthwhile. Let me know what you’re thinking thank you

Thanks… it’s a great car. I have the car listed for $15k (Cdn). I think that’s a fair price for the condition this car is in. Just needs someone who will enjoy it and drive it! I haven’t listed it on this site as they won’t let me yet because I’m a new member. Happy to email you more pics of you would like to see. It’s in great condition.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/oakville-halton-region/rare-1987-jaguar-xj-sc/1530379173

Thank you. That’s the car!

Did you get a chance to look at any of the pics that were posted to the thread? Let me know if you are still interested