Lost status can it be restored?

I recently bought a new Kindle and somehow lost my membership status dating back to the .org days… Since the late 90 s.
I really miss my inclusion in the “lounge”.
Could the moderators restore my status to include the lounge?
Thanks… Stu Romberger

Hi Stu,

Welcome back. This is a new account and there is no mechanism by which it can be manually promoted unfortunately. It’s handled automatically by the Discourse software. Did you lose your old account login? It’s stored internally here, not on your kindle.

If you want to use this new one, it’s not hard to get advanced. Just read some threads, make some posts, give some likes. It doesn’t take long at all. The Lounge is open to all. Only the Pub forum is restricted to full members.

Seems to me you already exist in the system going back 25 years …

… there must be some way to associate your new handle with the old. Mine got merged somehow.

Yes Nick, I couldn’t recall my old password when signing up again with this new Kindle, so I had to enrol anew and lost my previous status. Erica informs me the levels are all handled by the software and can’t be updated by the moderators. So…I’ll just have to be patient and deal with the system rules.
Thanks for your reply.
Stu Romberger
66E-TYPE FHC

1 Like

Thanks Erica. I understand and will be patient… Thanks for your quick response.
Stu Romberger
66E-TYPE FHC

Stuart,

You can also log back in to your old account and immediately get everything back exactly like it was. If you don’t remember your password, you can simply ask for a password reset email.

Start by identifying the email account you were using for your old account. Make sure you have access to it.

Next, log out from the Jag-lovers Forum account you’re currently using (not from your email account).

1. Tap/click your avatar in the top right corner of the screen.
  2. Tap the head and shoulders icon to access your profile.
  3. Tap Log Out.

Then tap or click Log In near the top right of the screen.

In the dialog that appears, tap “I forgot my password” (see red arrow in the below screenshot). In the new dialog that appears, enter your email address (not your password).

Go to the inbox for the email address you used for your old Jag-lovers account and watch for a new email from Jag-lovers. Follow the instructions in the email.

This should get you back into your old account.

Gunnar

2 Likes