Lots of unpluged wires probably the radiator cooling fan

Please help! I have a 1982 Jaguar xj6 and my cooling fan isn’t working I figured out that it was completely unplugged but then it still didn’t work on the other side of the wire it’s missing some sort of connection

There 3 red cords and a green cord with two cables both are not plugged in anyone know where these go ?

There also this missing connection for the radiator I think maybe one of the cables used to plug into it ? The radiator connection Cable is black nor green or red

Black wire means ground, Josiah - ie, the the thermal switch on the radiator grounds the fan control relay.

The fan circuit is a bit complicated; a relay, together with diodes, are involved. The fan is rotating in the air stream, generating power - which must be preventing from interfering.

I do not think the green wires are involved with the fan, but have you checked all wires for power - in various light switch, or whatever positions?

You really need to back-trace the loose connections to there origins or other loose ends with the same colors - or possibly locate the relay? The S57 wiring diagrams, the original set-up, don’t really show these colors for the cooling fan. But yours may be an aftermarket fitting by a PO, using other colors?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UKNZ)

First of all, hotwire the fan to see if it actually works.
Otherwise, with the wiring diagram next to you trace the cables, and slowly but surely everything will become apparent.