Low Coolant then Restricted Performance

My 2000 XK8 had a lot of work done recently, new tran, suspension, the list goes on. After I picked her up from hospital, she’s been firing random low coolant warnings after she’s warmed up. The shop checked and coolant level is fine. Then I started getting restricted performance messages, but never on the first start of the day. Car starts great when engine is cold. No warnings. Once engine is warm I drive 10 miles and low coolant starts. If I cut car off and let it sit for an hour, it idles rough on start, loses a bit of power and gives me a restricted performance message. I rush to the shop to test the codes and shop says it’s not throwing any. Could the low coolant sensor be kicking on the restricted performance? Possibly related?

Low coolant won’t trigger restricted performance unless it is so low it overheats and causes other temporary or even permanent problems.
Sounds like you have a bad connection in the circuit to sensor. Other possibility is bad sensor or a cheap aftermarket header tank with poor sensor.
Clearly you need to find the cause of the restricted performance also. Unlikely to be related.

Thanks Greg. The shop is telling me I need a new reservoir and connector. What I don’t get is why not just a sensor? They are telling me I need to spend $600 versus $40 for just a sensor.

The sensor is glued in and would almost certainly destroy the tank coming out and the tanks only last about 10 years or 100K miles anyway. Sensor was probably put in stock as a separate part by Jaguar to handle warranty replacement on a very new car where it would come out.
Factory Senser is $46, aftermarket is $34.
Factory Tank is $215.66 in shop (retail) or $193.46 as a parts sale.
Aftermarket as a parts sale is $126.34

Don’t know what $600 would include or what is meant by “connector”.