Lower Timing chain rattle 4.0 litre

Hi all,
Does the lower timing chain tensioner failure sound like the upper? I’ve had the upper tensioner out 3 times (replaced with new style) thinking I installed it wrong.
On startup my car sounds like Im raising a drawbridge with the loudness of the chain rattle.

I know the lower is a big job - I’ll do it if I have to….

Solo out…

Napo,

What’s your mileage?
Got catalytic converter on board?
Any external oil leaks?
Does it happens overnight or shorter period?
How fast it goes quiet after startup?
When you have noticed the issue?
Was your banger stood for a while or regular ride?
Have you installed top tensioner with bigger hole towards the sky?
Have you engaged it prior to assembly or it came engaged? (Hooked/closed).

Right orientation (whwn facing from the top) attached for reference:

Hi Janusz,

Thank you for taking a real interest in helping me.
My mileage is 170,000 km
There must be a catalytic converter - I assumed there would be
The rattle definitely happens when left overnight but occurs after a few hours of sitting as well, although not as loud.
At startup when cold it takes a few minutes to go away. Sometimes I will rev the engine to speed things up which works as well. Only about 20-30 seconds. (While revving)
The issue started several months ago. The car is my daily driver however it is sort of a second vehicle.
As I mentioned above I actually removed and reinstalled the tensioner two more times and it was ‘pressurized’ when I removed it for inspection. I’m 97% sure I havve the orientation correct - but I may check again.

What are your thoughts?

Solo Out.

Mileage sounds about right, the issue goes away too quickly for decent chain stretch.
You can inspect both chains/tension with rocker cover off (usb endoscope and piece of rod may help).

I suggest to exclude risk of false disgnosis prior to big job. Drive belt off in the evening and startup in the morning should exclude wisco, water pump and alternator (expected to be on its last legs with such mileage…)