Lucas WLR576 on Mk2

Looking to buy a set of driving lights to mount in the original factory location on my '62 Mk2. These are the center mount type lamps. Lucas WLR576 reproductions are readily available (https://www.sportsandclassics.com/parts/triumph/mgb-mgc-triumph-lucas-style-wlr576-driving-lamp/)…but are apparently slightly different than the original Fog Rangers that were optioned on the car. The difference, I’m told, is the short spear that is at the top of the housing (see pic). Curious if anyone has mounted these (or the SLR576 fog lamp version) on a Mk2?

Pic is not from a Mk2…and it’s the SLR576, but you’ll get the point.

Interesting that you were told that the spears were different between the lamp types. Years ago a friend of mine reconditioned these lamps and on one occasion showed me no less that nine different spears that had been fitted to these WLR576 / SLR576 .

Hi Tapped, I am looking to do the same thing. Did you do it? No dramas? cheers Morro

I ended up finding a pair of NOS Lucas Ranger rear-mount driving lights. My Mk2 restoration is still in process but I test fitted them and they look great. Note these are different than what I first posted about but are supposed to be the correct lights that would have been on a Mk2 (either Fog Ranger or Long Ranger). Example here: Lucas Ranger 5WLR Lamp Jaguar MKII Daimler 55267 - Sports & Classics

That said, I don’t believe there’s be any issues fitting the SLR576. It’s slightly smaller in diameter than the Ranger lights. You will need the chrome rim embellishers which fit behind the light.

Thanks… been looking at finding some lights to replace the Fog Rangers… haven’t come across Long Rangers and WLR’s are a big expensive out of the UK… might just put up with the Fog Rangers for now… cant remember that last time we had fog here in Melbourne…