Lump Options for a XJ6 Series III

So what are the options for replacing the 4.2L XK Engine RHD? Kits available?

The car is a daily driver and will need A/C and power steering.

Plenty of GM v6 and v8 engines available here in Australia as they are in the locally made Holden.

Like the idea of doing something with a modern Jag engine as a first preference.

I really don’t want to touch metal work or interior. Happy to keep the Jaguar auto box.

If anyone can point me to previous threads or online articles.

Thanking you.

Tommoxj62

If I was looking at doing this the first step would be to talk to Andrew from http://www.jaguarspecialties.com/ NAYYY

Finding relatively cheap newer Jaguar engine (in Australia) and then integrating to your car will be FUN!

Kevin
Lithgow AUS
79 DD6 “Rose”
83 XJS “Carmel”

1 Like

Great site.

Not sure if i feel right about lumping the Jag with a GM LS1. Although its obviously the easy way to go.

Like to know if anyone has dropped a S Type V8 (or similar) into a Xj6 Series 3.

Well, the choice is clearly an owner’s option.

As far as I know, not all that far, an S type V8 would likely bolt in.
With some mount fabrication Not all that hard. But, that is where the adventure begins. Namely, the electronics.
Whew, high adventure !!!

Now, an LS install is clearly charted and much help available.

Andrews’s Jaguar Specalties at the top . Not to disparage others. Johns cars, JTR, Sun Coast, etc.

My car has an older GM engine and transmission. I chose another vendor for personal reasons. Yet, when help was needed, Andrew was there.

My GM and LT1 have performed great. An LS1 would likely
do even better.

Carl

1 Like