Mark II and Mark I - Many Parts Available

Julian

At this point I am just trying to unload the big chunks of Mark I and Mark II stuff I have that does not work on XK-140’s, which is a lot. The Mark II doors I have are pretty rough and rusty in the bottoms, but appear to be quite complete in terms of glass and hardware. The Mark I doors are in a little better shape but are missing hardware, although I think all the glass is all there.

Message me about where you are located and I will send you a private message. Disassembly and shipping of parts and glass would be painful and expensive, but if you are anywhere in driving distance I could load you up for free. I long ago gave up any effort to monetize these parts. :slightly_smiling_face:

Rod

I have window glass and many other bits that you might need.

Please let me know if I can help, Jim.

Julian

I have a full set of doors (with glass) that you could have (free) and a box of door hinges and other door hardware. The doors are rougher than I remembered, with rust in the bottoms. They are probably not worth a long drive but if you had someone headed your way I could load them up.

I have lots of other Mark I parts, but most would require some work to be usable in a restoration. If you run into a need for some smaller items that would be shippable let me know.

Best wishes

Rod

Good afternoon Rod,

Thanks for getting back to me. Definitely want the doors and any other parts you want to get rid off for the Mark 1. War gaming the best plan to pick them up.

| Chippewa-Rod Rodney L Crawford Patron
August 4 |

• | - |

Julian

I have a full set of doors (with glass) that you could have (free) and a box of door hinges and other door hardware. The doors are rougher than I remembered, with rust in the bottoms. They are probably not worth a long drive but if you had someone headed your way I could load them up.

I have lots of other Mark I parts, but most would require some work to be usable in a restoration. If you run into a need for some smaller items that would be shippable let me know.

Best wishes

Rod

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

Good, I will be ready whenever you get something arranged. No hurry on my end, they are not going anywhere. I would be happy to unload the whole thing, since I never expect to have another sedan.

Thanks Rod, would you send me the pickup address. Thinking of trying to locate a moving service which would go to your location pack things up and transport the items if you’re open to that.

I am open to that, and I just need to arrange to be there obviously. My home is in Monroe, MI - just a short way from I-75 just north of the Ohio border, but my office is 45 miles away in Detroit. The doors are in a storage facility but I would consolidate them all at my home shop for ease of pickup. I have a set of Mark II doors as well that are more rusty at the bottoms, but have virtually all of the hardware attached. I will try to consolidate to avoid wasting space. If you are paying by the square foot I just don’t want to send you stuff you don’t need. Maybe we can move this discussion out of the forum to email and I can give you a more complete list of what I have. You can just email me at rcraw6644@gmail.com or I think by hitting the “Message” button in the forum.

1 Like

Good morning Rod,

Will start working on this Monday when I get to office, granddaughter duties today.

Good afternoon Rod,

Found a company in your area which will pickup doors and parts and take to their location for packaging and shipping them to me. The company is Craters & Freighters - Detroit, 32588 Dequindre Road, Warren MI 48092. David Price is the service provider and his phone number is 586-268-4102. Based on our conversation this company has handled projects like this before and hopefully will be pretty straight foreword. David said they would need the ball park weight of shipment (four doors) and additional parts.

Thanks, Julian

Rod have carrier set up, sent info to gmail

I will work on pulling it together and let you know when it is ready to go. My full contact information is as follows:

Rod Crawford
14162 South Dixie Hwy
Monroe, MI 48161

Phone 734-735-3207
rcraw6644@gmail.com

Hello Rod
I’m looking for the hood latch assembly… have 1960 mk2. Thanks !

I will have to take a look. Is this the part you are looking for, or something more? I parted out the Mark II long ago and if I take time to look I want to make sure I am looking for the right thing.

Thanks

Rod

Forgive me if you already got this … still learning navigation of this site on my phone . However I’m located in Minnesota & most interested if you have it. Thanks !

Ken

I am pretty sure I have the part of the latch that attaches to the bonnet (aka the hood), but not at all sure I salvaged the part you are looking for that attaches to the body. But I will look.

Best wishes

Rod

Ok thanks for checking. I do have the hood piece . Just didn’t come the latch part.