Mark Stephenson, RIP

A genuine Mr Nice Guy, Mark Stephenson of Arizona, died on July 15 of cancer. He was active on several forums, especially XK here and X300 and was always constructive, positive and helpful. He clearly had one flaw in that he asked me to become an Admin about 15 years ago, but nobody’s perfect. Never heard a nasty word from him and he was as constructive and roll-your-sleeves-up helpful in JCNA as he was here. A sad loss.

A sad loss indeed. Mark was heavily involved in the early annual “Oil Leak” road trips that Paul Wigton inspired and initiated in 2011. He planned the route of the first one, the Southwest Oil Leak that year, and participated in more than one in his red XK-120. I had a long chat with him when he traveled to California for Jerry Mouton’s funeral last fall. He was both knowledgeable and generous with his time. He will be missed…

Knew Mark well when I was a member of the Jaguar Club of Central Arizona, he was always the first to volunteer to take on a project, first to help a fellow Jag Club member. His enthuaism was infectious and made the other members want to pitch in and help. His passing is a very sad day for the Club and the Jag community as a whole.

Len Wheeler

Peter,
Mark was a good guy and I always enjoyed talking with him on our annual trip to Phoenix and at several AGM’s. He was very instrumental in getting the Phoenix up and running and on a couple occasions he invited several of us, from the Michigan club, to address their membership on how the Michigan club operated, handled various problems etc. When the Ford Motor Company held their 100 Anniversary Celebration at the "Glass House” in Dearborn, attended by over 1000 cars, we were there along with 35-50 other Jags and one of the first people that I saw was Mark and a fellow from the Indiana club. Mark remarked that this was a big deal to all of you folks and I replied with something like, "You bet it is, Ford built this town”!
Mark is the latest to join the long list of people that we’ve lost that we knew and enjoyed in our 35 years in JCNA, RIP friend!
Bob & Darlene Stevenson
JAGM

Just as Len and Bob, I had many pleasant exchanges with Mark, both in person at the AGM and at several Phoenix Concours. In times past, I could always count on Mark providing 4 paragraphs of response to a one sentence email question. I have missed him in recent years and will miss him even more now that he has passed, much too soon.
Condolences to his family and all his close friends.
Dick Cavicke

Mark was a longtime admin for Jag-lovers and a true friend. Like others have said, he was always constructive and helpful, a good guy. He will be missed.

Rest in peace, Mark S.