Mirror fell off the windshield

The mirror on my early 1995 car fell off the windshield today. There is a round puck on the end of the mirror stalk that is supposed to be glued to the windshield glass but I cannot figure out how to remove that puck from the mirror stalk so I can reattach it to the glass. I have done this job before on other cars where there is a set screw that holds the puck to the end of the mirror stalk. On those other cars I would remove the puck from the end of the mirror stalk and do all the steps necessary to reattach the puck to the glass and then hold the puck in place with some good strong tape to the glass while the glue dries.

There was a plastic trim piece on the inner side of the mirror stalk and I popped that plastic cover off but I did not find any hints behind it on how to release the puck from the end of the mirror stalk. I can move the puck on the end of the mirror stalk just a tiny amount but nothing more than that.

BTW, there are electrical wires running through the mirror stalk so I assume this must be some sort of fancy electrical mirror as there is a sliding switch on the lower edge of the mirror case. I don’t really know what this does however as I have never used it.

Can anyone here tell me how to pop the puck off the mirror stalk? Thanks in advance.

Brute force from memory, the electrical cables are for the electro dimmer function.