MK II thin/narrow bumpers installation

Nigel Thorley ins his book “Original Mark 2” describes the 3.4 engine as the 'smoothest of the sixes." Having owned my 3.4 since 1989 I’m inclined to agree.

Mel R

Yes, and probably the most robust as well.

Thanks everyone for the comments and pictures, much appreciated. Assuming I can find the correct mounting brackets and also that the new thin bumpers can be ordered without holes for over-riders (I intend to run sans the over-riders) and figure out how to successfully modify the rear large bumper opening to suit, I will be ordering a new set of narrow stainless steel bumpers ASAP. CHEERS from AUSTRALIA.

Thank you Brian (sorry for the slow response - so busy at the moment and behind schedule - HA - as usual). I hope to commence the project early in the new year. I think I found a new rear valance//beaver panel (lower panel) for a DAIMLER 250 - it has an exhaust outlet on each side - but I can ‘live’ with that. HA - I hope the following does not upset too many people - but the more I look at the big bumpers - the more they look like a piece or ARMCO railing ha been used for the bumpers - HA - and the more I am am keen to have a go at converting to the narrow bumpers as per your car.

When you have time - if okay with you, can you please take some detailed pictures from the rear and front - especially the rear from the upper area looking in-between the bumper and the body and that front panel you mentioned. Any assistance would be appreciated - HA - but I will wait until you do not need to stand in that COLD SNOW - HA. CHEERS from no snow for me AUSTRALIA. HA - the snow looks lovely - but toooooooo cold for me - HA.

Hello all. Just as a bit of casual ’ engine info//banter’ - I am planning on running a 4.7 litre (based on a late 4.2 block) with triple WEBBER carb look EFI from E-TORQUE in the USA. Yes - I realise that the RH inner skirt will need to be modified to clear the front ‘WEBBER’ and air-filter, but I have the necessary skills to handle that fabrication. I am not planning on a ‘race engine’ - but a big TQ street engine. Thanks.

Hi
I thought you may like these pictures of a rear mark 2 slimline bumper
Hope these help
pity you are not in UK as this is a spare

Cheers
Brian