Mk10 4.2 intermediate steering shaft

I’m trying to help a friend get his 3.8 Mk10 back on the road after an exchange for a Varimatic steering box to replace the original leaky Burman. It seems that the intermediate steering shaft for the 4.2 is longer than the 3.8 due to the more forward position of the Varimatic. We are looking for the later, longer shaft.

I’ve included photos of the one in my car for reference. This shaft is about 20.5" in length.

Please note condition of U-joints.
Thanks

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Hi Ron,

I think I have one, will have a look, remind me if I dont get back to you in a few days

regards Tony

Thanks. I told him you probably would have it. He’s trying to make a show in later June, so I don’t know if shipping would go soon enough, but it may be what he has to do.

Where are you located Ron?

Hi Robert. I’m in Olympia, WA 98516

Still looking, guys.

I looked at the one I have, but the U joints are por.
Rob

Thanks for checking! We’ll look awhile longer. If nothing else, the splined shafts are standard and he could make one up from Borgeson street rod parts. I did that for my custom Mk2 rack.