Mk10 throttle linkage question

Would someone mind sending me a photo of the bell-crank throttle linkage setup on their Mk10? Mine binds and I have not yet found a diagram to explain. I think there may be some mis-assembly, but it’s not clear to me exactly what. This is what I have:

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron its looking a bit dry in there, have you tried a bit of lubrication to see if that helps?

Mine are in bits & pieces atm, as I have put an XJ throttle cable in my 420G, and my spares are in boxes.

The throttle mechanism is very complicated and hard to understand, many possible binding locations

The best way is to have someone operate the accelerator pedal while an “expert” (you)
examines every possible point of binding

suspects, pedal itself, that bush in the lower middle of your pic, lube every junction.

Do a forensic examination of the diagram in the Parts or Service Manual
Check your spring return situation, you should have 4 or 5 in total

Be very systematic in taking pieces out, mark and photograph every move you make

You will struggle to re assemble it properly if it has been taken apart…maybe it has been partly dismantled before

Ok, thanks. I did finally get it sorted. You are right, it’s a fiddly bit. The problems were the carb throttle shafts set too far out, so that there wasn’t enough bellcrank travel, some binding, and the need for a little more bend in the cross shaft.