Mk2 Restoration. Before picture

This is my car about a month ago. Its since been stripped to bare metal. The doors, n/s/f wing, wheel arch and bootlid repaired. According to the restorer its to be given an epoxy coat this week with work resuming after Christmas. The company have a facebook site and are called Painting Classic Cars if anyone is interested! (Normal non affiliation applies!) A number of other interesting projects are underway including a 57 Convertible. There is also have a 56 wagon onsite and previously shown restored are a very early XJ6 along with a very extensively renovated XJC featured on the Harry’s Garage Youtube series.

May be an image of car

1 Like

Image from last week.
May be an image of 1 person, car and text that says "CHEVROLET JAGUAR NOVOL"

1 Like

Looking very Good! I hope my 1960 looks that good about this time next year!

1 Like

Have used PPC on both a 420 and an xj6

excellent service all round…

I’ve got a Mark IX that looks to be in about the same “before” shape as your Mk2… I wish Painting Classic Cars had a shop over on this side of the pond! Plenty of restoration shops over here, but none that I can find that fill the niche that PCC occupies. Please keep those photos of your progress coming.
Great-looking car!
Jay

1 Like

Mk2 to be painted this week; PCC have undertaken another Mk2 rebuild too; mine is the car to the right.
Jay, I love the Mark IX & have owned 2. One of them was a two tone green with arrow straight bodywork and original paint with a truly beautiful interior. Unfortunately, its also had two plus inches of rust all way round every panel!

Colour going on now, but chrome not ready until February so time for patience!

3 Likes

Progress is looking good, Keith! Is your painter using the “new” clear-over-base process, or going with the original one-step process? And are they matching an original Jaguar color? My Mark IX is Cornish Gray and Mist Gray, and I’m already worrying about finding a match of those colors in a modern paint product.
All the best,
Jay

I think Cornish/Mist grey is a great colour scheme for the Mark IX!
Mine is clear over base but painter promised to try to make it look like cellulose, ie thin and hard! According to him the Novol range extends to all post-war Jaguar models, so might be worth a look.
My car is still waiting for the chrome to return and then just needs it fitting to be finished.

Thanks for the update Keith… progress is looking good! Sadly, Novol doesn’t make their products available outside the UK, so I’ll have to find something suitable on this side of the pond. The good news is, gray (non-metallic) seems to be a very popular color in new cars these days, so I can probably find a contemporary product that will be suitable. In the end, it will probably be best to go with whatever product the painter has had the most success with. Let us know how the chrome bits come out!
Jay