Mk7 much help needed please!

Real progress then - good job. When you get the timing in specs, if it still pops and bangs, consider reposting in the xk engine forum. I’m wondering whether it’s the (intake?) cam with the flat lobes, and there are some good minds on that forum who could help. T’were me, I’d have already replaced it - a good used cam should not be expensive.

Back in the eighties I had my 3.8 ‘S’ running on CNG, I had to have the head worked so I had a cam shop re-profile the cams to hold the cams open longer, I still have the engine (but not the car) I’ll see if I can get a shot of the lobes.

Any news?

I’m curious!

Hi Ben , here is the news . Work interrupted by a leak in the copper inlet pipe on the heater matrix . Soldered it up and while I’ve got it apart , am cleaning and repainting the box . Also fitting a new rev counter cable . The head has been on and off like a wh***s knickers and the cable has suffered damage . It wasn’t good in the first place ! Will set the timing when the heater goes back in . Watch this space :grinning: