MKIV Front Bumper Bar "Silentbloc" Bushes Part No. B1880. Code 1422

Hello,

Does anyone know of a supplier for the “Silentbloc” rubber / metal bushes which fit into the front bumper bar support bracket? Mine are serviceable though 70 years old, and it would be nice to refurbish or replace them.

Cheers,

Tim

FYI thats 1 1/8” x 2 1/8” x 3/4”bore

Try Alan Gibbins at alan@ssjaguar.co.uk. He has just made another batch which I purchased some from. Excellent quality.

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for that information. I have sent an e-mail to Alan just now so fingers crossed.

Interestingly, it would seem that the bushes were a pretty standard external and internal diameter. The main variance seems to be the length. MG TA’s to TC’s use the “Silentbloc” bushes which would suit but they are 1/2” too short.

Cheers,

Tim

Yes, I was thinking at one stage to put the MG ones in a lathe and part them to half the Jag length and push in from both sides. Another make-your-own part in this area is the chromed cups that mount on the front of these bushes to hold the rubber buffers to bear against the back of the bumper. The cups are not available, but the buffers are, also from Alan. These can also be substituted with rubber crutch tips squeezed into the cups. No one has noticed the lack of originality as they are very similar.