MKV and XK120 Steering Boxes LHD

Hello again,

Does anyone know if the MKV and the XK120 shared the same Steering Box? I have a friend who is after a LHD worm gear for his XK120 project.

Tim

No, they are different pitches on the worm.
There is a UK source for RHD 120 worms, for those who want to ruin a perfectly good LHD 120 by putting the steering wheel on the wrong side, when you could solve the problem by just driving it backwards. :upside_down_face: :laughing:

Thank you once again, Rob.

Tim

Timothy,

I am aware of an original LHD XK120 Steering Box that is spare/left over from an XK120 wanting to be converted to RHD. Does your friend have a spare RHD box if he now wants a LHD one?

As noted, Mark V steering boxes are a different ratio to XK120 ones, LHD and RHD both the same of course…

Hi Roger,

I’ll ask him. Thank you very much for getting back to me.

Cheers,

Tim

There are some other detail differences between Mark V and XK120, LHD and RHD steering columns, such as length, top cover, mounting angle, which we can get into if this project moves along.

Thank you very much, yet again, Rob.

Best wishes,

Tim

Hello Roger,

He doesn’t have a RHD Steering Box to swap, unfortunately.

Thank you again for getting back to me.

Best wishes,

Tim

I am chasing this steering part 3977 of an XK120 steering box it fits both LHD and RHD drive cars any suggestions.
Also chasing 3996 ball race
terry
tmcgrath@bigpond.com

@Robert_Laughton … anything in your massive pile?

Sorry, no. I wish I could help.
Rob.

Hi Try Coventry Auto components

Mike

I am looking for potential sources of steering part 3977 of an XK120 steering box it fits both LHD and RHD drive cars any suggestions.
Also sources for 3996 ball race if anyone is manufacturing them

terry
[/quote]