Moving on to the rear panelwork

I made both of my battery boxes large enough for a 12 volt, no need that they not match. I love seeing heroic efforts, I’ve been there.

Mitch, this car had a 12 volt in one of the boxes and it was certainly big enough to start it, so I just copied the size of those boxes. They weren’t original and I can thankfully only imagine what a job it must have been to weld them in from underneath, maybe not even on a hoist. But whether they were the original size or not I don’t know (nor care).
I certainly wasn’t thinking this car was going to be this big of a job. I thought it was rough around the edges but didn’t expect it to be as bad as it is.
But I’m enjoying it. I still have lots of times when I’m wishing I knew what I was doing but the sense of satisfaction is immense when something comes together.
Next big scary job is the right hand front guard.

About 80% of it needs replacing. Including the headlight pod. If I can get that right the rest should be a doddle. I should mention my only training is in accountancy so wish me luck.

1 Like

Well at least you can check how much its costing you :smile:

At least mine is in dentistry, so this is just a bigger version of work. And the subject doesn’t complain or threaten to sue.