My old-new Daimler '87

Max,

ABS fault.

Refer back to my post #2 in this thread in which I suggested that the ABS problem may be a failed accumulator. Coupled with the ‘brake pressure’ warning you have is a good indication that is where the problem lies.

The fact that you no longer have the ‘self-leveling suspension’ (SLS) does not directly affect the ABS. However the same system which powered the SLS, the ‘Power Hydraulics’ system, is still required to be operational on your model to provide the brake boost (servo assistance) and the ABS accumulator pressure. Have you checked if you still have brake boost when applying the brakes?

If not, try this test.

• With the ignition off, pump the brake pedal 20 times to dissipate any pressure in the accumulator
  • Start the engine and run for 5 minutes
  • Switch off the ignition and count the number of brake applications you can achieve before the brake pedal ‘goes hard’ - i.e you no longer have brake boost (servo assistance)
  • You should get 15 + applications before the pedal ‘goes hard’ - the fewer applications the worse the state of the brake accumulator.

Note, it is often easier to apply the brake by hand to detect when it ‘goes hard’ rather than using your foot.

Bulb Fail module

Read this thread for information on how to ‘hack’ the BFM warning system