Mystery pool of clear liquid on garage floor fro drivers side engine bay

Hi - My first post and grateful for any advice. I am a non-mechanic and have so far had 18 months trouble free motoring with the XK8. I now have a puddle of clear liquid on the garage floor, near to the back of the front drivers side wheel. I have checked the engine coolant level which is ok and on advice I know it should be red or orange… The puddle is not coloured but clear. I need to know if it means I should not drive the car. Unsure what else it might be. Definitely not oil, brake fluid or suchlike. so a little confused!

Hi Andrew and welcome to Jag Lovers. My first guess would be water from the AC defrosting.

1 Like

I’ll second Grahames diagnosis, get used to it, it’s going to happen a lot if you live in a humid country.
If you aren’t aware the A/c is really useful in winter to de-fog the windows.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, much appreciated. A Jag friend has now seen the car and said much the same. I will keep a close eye, fingers crossed and hope that’s all it is. Thanks again for the prompt response.

Thanks Robin, that does indeed seem to be the consensus. I will keep an eye on it but for now your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks for the prompt response!

Easy way to test if it is water is to dab your finger in it and taste a little bit on the tip of your tongue. If it’s water, you won’t taste anything.

I don’t taste it. I do touch it. Oils feel oily, water does not. Any doubt, take a small sniff.

Also I won’t suck on a fuel hose. Too many carbs.

6 carbs would be good. :grinning: