Need some car buying input

Hi I’m from the xjs room, thinking of getting a convertible xk8 or xk8r . I had an 03 x type, loved it it had 117000 when i sold it wanted to get a convertible, so i got a 89 xjs v12, my question is are these cars as good as my xtype was.

Yes of course. Maybe not as practical but certainly better in every other way.

1 Like

Perfectly practical if you drive with one other person at most! Lol!

Go for the 2001/2002, Its the sweet spot with the engine, dash and trim level…
IMHO at the end of the run, the car became over done to keep up.
Prior to 2001 , yes the look the same BUT, The engine, fog lamps and chrome surrounds along with the seats were a little old looking. Great drivers, but the 01/02, was the best of all worlds.

I had a 98. It was great. I could get two bags of golf clubs in the trunk, with enough room for enough flat pack luggage for a long weekend. The rear seats are a) for show and b) to lower the insurance premiums. With pre 2002 cars, you need to make sure the timing chain guides and other plastic engine parts have been replaced.

My favorite are the 97’-00’ xk8 & 00’ R
I prefer the bucket style seats reminiscent of the early e types and also the 3 dial cluster in lieu of the gps(although it was still an option during those years) but not as common.

1 Like

I too love the looks of the 3 gauges. I’ve had a few people get in and go “woah! It has an analog clock! That’s cool!” Lol smh!

1 Like

01 gages option nav
02 nav with option to gages
Gtjoey

1 Like