New article on Rebuilt engine

http://www.georgiajag.com/Documents/Engine/Engine.html Here is a article I just wanted to share. Mostly for the customer and shop which will remain nameless. Hope it all makes sense. Let me know if any questions or comments.

3 Likes

He should have taken his engine to Coventry West for rebuild. Obviously this was a short cut rebuild by someone not experienced on XK engines.

1 Like

How many times in each of our careers… :roll_eyes:

When I looked around for a place to rebuild my V12 3 or 4 years ago, I had a very short list of people I would trust. Do it right or do it twice is something that comes to mind. I went with Coventry West… great job!

2 Likes

Great read. Thanks, Dick

Hi Dick,
Was the engine rebuilder from Eastern Idaho? The engine work on mine was at least this bad, perhaps worse.
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

No Idaho, it was a Georgia car and a Georgia shop. No guessing games please. Not the point of the article. There are shops everywhere that do this great quality work. No one is perfect, just be careful.

2 Likes

Good grief!!

That’s just… scarey…

LLoyd

Don't you just hate those who live in the US for ten years and never bother to learn the language?

I think no one should graduate from grade school without learning either Cherokee, Apache, Ute or Arapaho.

LLoyd July, 2014

Good article. I can relate to the scalloped chain drive for the cams. Had to replace mine on the 69 because they had slipped . Fortunately not enough for valves to bend but dame close.