New Jag Owner(Mi)

This forum is turning my pictures so Im not sure how to orient the the right way. here are a few more

2 Likes

Doing the M-22 this weekend (too early for the colors , darn!) Maybe next weekend ?

1 Like

Aaaaand… the journey begins!

3 Likes

Congrats on the project beginning! Looks like a beautiful car and what a journey awaits!

I live in Northville and have been a JAGM member for years. There’s a big community of Jaguar enthusiasts within a 30 mile radius of Brighton and a wealth of resources and knowledge.

A Jaguar C&C event is a great idea and I’ll definitely attend. Looking forward it.

Here’s a link to the JAGM site. Great group of owners here and a few club mechanics as well. It’s worth coming to a meeting. Your e would be a drop dead hit!

1 Like

@69coupe
@Marco

I am free Sunday the 17th in the afternoon. I can meet you guys anywhere. I wont be anle to bring the car though since the rear-end issues have me nervous and looks like she is overheating a little bit from the a very small amount of driving (5min tops) I did with her.

If you guys wanted to see her on Sunday I can PM you my address to come over then we can go anywhere from there.

@blackteamist

Thanks for the great info. I would like to join since I don’t know much about cars and I want to make sure this Jag is taken care of for many years to come and the support network will be invaluable. Like above I won’t be able to take her on the road until I know more about whats left that needs fixing but if anyone did want to check her out at my home I owuld be glad to have some members over or i can bring picutres to the meeting. This is my first Car club ever so I have a lot of inexperience here lol.

1 Like

Sounds good Dante.
I should be able to meet up on Sunday.

Marco

Sounds good Marco. Ill send you a txt later. @69coupe let us know if you are free on Sunday too.

Sunday afternoon works for me

Hi Guys,

Did you ever get a group together? Crzywlf - I’d love to see your E.

Cheers all, pls post if you’re meeting up.

DG;
I don’t know anything about your car, mine is a 1970, but that has not stopped me from giving advice in the past!!
The slipping may be related to the rear end type. Find out if you can if the rear end is a limited slip type. I don’t know if the 1963’s had LSD or not. If they did and if yours has one putting the correct additive in will help.

Regards, Joel…

@blackteamist

I did meet up with Marco and Tom and it was a great time. Next time I am having people over I will send you an invite!

The Jaguar Heritage certificate arrived and I am surprised to confirm the car is actually a 1962 and was just titled 1963.

No slipping Joel. Tom and I took it for a spin and we both agree there is nothing wrong with the rear end. However we do hear some other noises but its like something is hitting/ touching while driving.

Marco:
I also have a 1965 Mustang that I bought about 20 years ago and after I drove it home I noticed the rear wheels ratchet some ,or at least it seemed so, as I turned right or left and I could here something catch in the rear end. Since I had just bought the ca r and the VIN indicated a LSD I put the additive in and the problem went away. The only reason I responded as I said I know little to nothing about his car.

Regards, Joel…

Joel,

Makes sense, definitely worth a follow up as the incorrect fluid could have been replaced.