New old stock Lucas 404520 SS100 Distributor Cap

I have a new old stock genuine Lucas 404520 distributor cap for sale.

If anyone is interested please would you contact me at: intelligentmetals@gmail.com for further details / photos etc.

Thanks for looking.

Robin

As per the reply from Nick, gain trust level one and then post in the classifieds.

1 Like

Thanks for the message Robin.

I don’t know how to attain trust level one with my limited Jaguar knowledge / experience.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

This should help one requirement from memory is to reply to a few posts.

Thanks Robin, I will do my best to find topics to which I can contribute positively.

Robin, I’ll try to help you get to the trust level. I don’t suppose you can post a picture yet.
The 404520 cap is correct for pre-war saloons with L and M serial number engines.
I have an L engine but unfortunately not the original DUH type distributor.
Do you happen to know if the caps are interchangeable on other DXH and DVXH distributors?

Hi Rob, as far as I know they are not interchangeable. The 404520 cap does not have a ‘mousehole’ cutout for the low tension lead which I believe the caps for the DHX & DVXH do.

Regards

Robin

I suspect what you call a mousehole is the half circle that prevents putting the cap on the distributor wrong. There are 4 other notches, but maybe without the mousehole it could be put on 180 degrees out of phase?
Here is a 407279 for DZH and DXH.

Later there was a 415708 for DVXH.

Hi Robin, the ‘mousehole’ cutout in the later type caps is for the low tension lead connection as far as I know.

The 404520 cap fits on a bakelite section 406469 which contains the contact breaker, whereas the 407279 fits directly on to the distributor body.

Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 18.39.57

That’s interesting, I’ve never seen that 406469 before.

Here is a DVXH, but it has the 12V terminal coming through the body on the opposite side from the half-circle tab for the mousehole.