New resource for Jaguar Marque lovers

Just been told about this site. Blown away by the depth of resources in tools and literature for us old Jaguar fans. If you need that special tool or need to know how to use it take a look. Full disclosure I have not used any tools yet but fascinated at the fact that they’re available, things most of us haven’t ever even seen! NAYYY.

pauls

Interesting concept and site with the backing of some highly professional people. Look forward to seeing how it grows. I did notice this under their Vision statement:

“Be a resource for historical information related to the restoration and repair of Jaguar® Cars, and providing information, copies of out of print documents, loan specialty tools to anyone with an interest or need related to Jaguar® Cars. Serve the needs of the Jaguar® Enthusiast throughout the USA by providing a forum for the exchange of information, and ideas.”

An alternative to Jag-Lovers?

David

Thanks for posting Paul. The impressive group of people certainly gives credibility to their endeavor!
Cheers,
Lynn

David,
Didn’t see it as an alternative as I didn’t see a reference to a forum like JL and E-Type forums but that could develop?? It did look like it might compete with the JCNA tool loan program. Hope politics aren’t involved it appears to be a fantastic resource that should be shared.
pauls

I just returned a JCNA tool loaner to Coventry West, so maybe there’s a cooperation going on already ?

Development of an interactive Forum would be a sensible and obvious next step otherwise it will be a one way sharing experience. Will be interesting to see how the site moves forward. At the moment there is only a ‘home’ page with hot links to paragraphs but it is still work in progress. Only board members whose names I recognise are George Camp and Dick Maury but the other seven also have impressive CV’s. Will be a very well financed juggernaut of knowledge when it gets some traction.

As regards Jaguar Clubs: “Our affiliate club program donation starts at $250.00 with a $100.00 per year renewal. Current clubs participating in the affiliate club program include. The Jaguar® Club of Florida, and the Suncoast Jaguar® Club

David

Oh, dear, just what we need – yet another forum to dilute the Jaguar mental knowledge base. Please don’t, y’all.

Jerry

For some reason I can’t use the quote function from this computer but Paul wrote: “I just returned a JCNA tool loaner to Coventry West, so maybe there’s a cooperation going on already ?”

I recall being told that there are two places where JCNA’s tool stash resides; Coventry West for sure (Dick showed me the room filled with goodies), and I think George Camp also has some (I could be wrong about George’s having a stash at his place though).

I’m not criticizing either organization, but It would seem like the Coventry Foundation fills niches that JCNA doesn’t and vice versa although there is some overlap like the tool loan program. I’m not suggesting it would ever happen, but a combination of the two entities into a single organization would probably result in a whole stronger than either of the two individual parts.

The list of Board Members reads like a list of past and present JCNA Board members, so there are clearly very close ties. The Coventry Foundation is listed as a donor to the JCNA Tools Program on the JCNA web site. With any luck we will soon receive some clarification from one or more of the Board Members who is also a regular poster on Jag-Lovers.

-David

Maybe this is the transmogrification! of the JCNA forum, which has fallen on hard times.

(BTW It really is a word)

trans·mog·ri·fy
transˈmäɡrəˌfī,tranzˈmäɡrəˌfī/
verb, humorous
transform, especially in a surprising or magical manner

You mean Calvin didn’t just make that up?

Alas, the person who could answer many questions is taking a break for the next 48 hours - but in case you failed to notice, his avatar for quite some time has been the Foundation logo:

I wouldn’t be surprise that the JCNA tool loan program was George Camp’s idea and started with tools that belonged him as he has a huge collections of “official” Jaguar tools that he had collected over the years.
Bob
Plymouth, Mi.

Correct. The Foundation (originally called the Jaguar Foundation until Jag complained…) serves a different role and has to have its own board to be credible as a 501c, or whatever the non-profit taxation entities are in US-speak. By being officially set up that way with the IRS, it is an acceptable entity to take donations of tools, literature, cars etc. and have the donor write them off against tax whilst knowing the items are going to a good cause. There have been regular write-ups and ads in JJ for a couple of years (another one due in a few days).

Jaguar Heritage know little of the North American market, which was run differently and issued its own materials etc. so the foundation also serves as a complementary organization this side of the pond. It has been a hard slog with Jaguar staff, lawyers, accountants etc., and the person who is currently suspended worked himself to a frazzle on this project, together with Gary Kincel and Dick and others. As we all know, our hobby is ‘greying’ and now at least there is somewhere to keep the flame alive.

The term ‘forum’ is I think meant in the sense before the internet - a metaphorical nexus or virtual meeting place. The Foundation and JCNA are incorporated bodies, they simply cannot have unmoderated stuff going on under their name as they have reputations and are ‘sue-able’ .So the kind of free-wheeling tosh we get up to, would be impractical to allow and hard to police/repair. place,

It was my understanding that a lot of the tools that form the main chunk of
the program came from Jaguar themselves, in that they were going to junk
them and JCNA came to the rescue as it were.

Of course, I stand to be corrected.

The linked site tells the story of how some of the tools came to be there - as well as some tantalizing photos of same. Click on ‘Latest Donations’.

Consider yourself corrected as Jaguar USA had little to nothing to do with the tools. Some late model tools were donated by Jaguar of Canada but the overwhelming majority were donated by individuals starting with George Camp.
Bob
Plymouth, Mi.

I didn’t say Jaguar USA but just Jaguar, meaning that company in general.
However, I have been corrected from George, quote: “…Les I saw your
post–you are so wrong. Some tools came from Canada but the BULK are from
the foundation. So you are corrected!..”

As you say, I stand corrected.