New seat covers

It’s all leather. I bought it for my 1996…in tan. I added the piping and even the Jaguar leaper embossment.

Piping and embossment will cost extra, but still well below AutoBerry.

This is my second purchase with Lseat. I bought seat covers for my wife’s 2005 Honda Pilot several years ago. For the price, its an unbeatable deal. Did it go perfectly? No. Some of the connection points took a bit of ingenuity, but it all worked out great. They’re holding up great.

I have not had time to install the new covers on my XJS. Will post pictures when I get to it…probably in August.

I emailed lseat and asked if the seat covers were all leather and this was there reply:

“all seating area are 100% leather. the side wall and back side made with faux leather.”

The cut edges of all the leather are all the same.

I can easily tell the difference between the real leather and fake leather on the current Jaguar seat. I’m telling you what I have from Lseat is made from all the same material…which I believe is leather.

Jaguar made their seats with vinyl on the sides. Doesn’t really feel like leather. If Iseat’s sides feel like leather, it’s probably “PU leather”, also known as “pleather” or “leatherette”. I have a tablet case made of the stuff. Supposedly it’s got real leather inside but has a plastic coating, which sounds weird, but it definitely does look and feel just like leather.

AutoBerry has real leather uppers with faux leather sides. Lseats us all faux leather.

Both natural leather and leatherette appear well and if maintained will last for a long time. Trouble is the leatherette can wear the top layer off and get down to mesh backing which can not be brought back. Both are painted but color can be brought back with leather.

Best test is thumb test. Push you thumb down an inch. If the area is smooth, it is leatherette. If wrinkled it is leather.

All of the edges of my seat covers are rough. The back of the material, when not covered with a cushion material is suede-looking, like the back of leather would appear.

I don’t know what to tell you. If it’s not real leather, they went pretty far out to fool people.

All of the material on these covers are the same. There is no difference between the sides and the front. If it’s fake leather in one spot, then the whole thing is fake. If it’s real, and the website clearly lead me to believe it’s real, (the item title says, " 1995-1996 Jaguar XJS Custom Real Leather Seat Covers (Front)") then it’s all real.

That sounds like PU leather, or pleather. Like I said, there is real leather involved, it’s just encased in polyurethane. I dunno why it’d be any cheaper than real leather, but I guess the leather layer is very thin so they can slice two or more sheets of the stuff from a single piece of rawhide.

I certainly have no problem with it on my tablet case. Dunno how real leather could be any nicer.

Samples l received from Lseat are leather, as in the real stuff, cow hide, no synthetics involved.

1 Like

I can’t understand what’s going on here either.

I own the damn seat covers. I’m trying to explain that it’s actual leather, but everyone seems to want to argue that it’s not leather, even though they haven’t seen the actual product.

This is my second purchase through them as well.

I’m not bothering to add anymore to this particular discussion.

1 Like

I agree. I have not seen these covers and can not speak to their quality.
I can only address AutoBerry product which was as advertised.

Welcome to Anoraks Anonymous.

:roll_eyes:

I agree with you. This thread has been worn out.