New seat leathers

Replaced my seat covers. Paul’s Jaguar in Ft Lauderdale provided the correct color (Cream) Connolly leather and I had local shop do the installation. Looks and feels very nice. Great service from Paul’s

4 Likes

Meant to attach the photo to original post but my fingers got ahead of my brain

7 Likes

Jim,
Please see the PM I sent you.
Thx,
Jon

You can always go back and edit a post using the pen Icon lower right of the original post. FYI

Did not know that. Thx Robin

Nice looking, JimD. If they had been black (warm charcoal) though, you could have gotten my unused pair for a lot less $$ :wink:

On a related note, seems that my driver’s seat cushion has been getting “lower and lower” of late … The other day I went to move the seat forward (via electric switch) to search for something under it and found this large black square of (rubber?) hanging down like a flap, scraping the rear seat floor mat with its edge whenever I moved the seat forward or backward. Is this part of the cushion, I presume? :confused: I guess the easiest way to fix things would be to just r/r the seat with another good-looking (Doeskin) one … ? I’ve seen it is kind of a PITA to separate the cushion from the squab after removing a front seat. :angry:

The black rubber sounds like the seat diaphram has busted loose and is protruding downward.

1 Like

Diaphragm ? :confused: What is the function of that part, and is in on the bottom of the cushion (I would think) ?

Yes it holds the cushion in place

This is the diaphram Paul’s lists for the late XJS.Seat diaphram

Not a bad price, either … :smiley_cat: So, it looks like if I remove the seat, the old one just disconnects (those metal clips) and the new one connects in ? No sewing required, and it will put the “lift” back in the cushion? :crossed_fingers:

I am looking for full interior for my 1990 XJS :slight_smile:

Sorry, but the front seat cover set I have will only fit '95-'96 MY XJS … :frowning_face:

no problem , all worth trying :slight_smile:

Check out Lseat. So far I am pleased with the product and price.

Did you replace the foam in the seats or at least the seat bottom foam.
I am about to do mine in a 1994 XJS CONVT.
yours looks good.
Rob

Thanks Rob.
No I did not replace foam nor the rubber diaphram. I did have some foam added to driver side a couple years ago. The pass side has been virtually unused so I swapped the bottoms

The tubing (between pump, valve, and bladder) for the lumbar support system was pretty shot and crumbled upon touching. Replaced with silicone tubing. If you need more details on tubing and the 2 ear crimp at the bladder let me know.

Take plenty of pictures as you undo stuff so you will have your remove and replace “how to”. You will need to move the seat fwd and aftward to access the allenhead screws that hold the seat assembly to the floor. Then after and disconnect the harness. After that it is free sailing

I used movers blanket on garage floor to lay the entire seat out onto as I pulled from car. Then dissemble on a clean table, or on the blanket on the garage floor

1 Like

I replaced the foam for the seat side bolsters only. The foam at the center seat section, as well as the entire back was in fine condition. I also did have to replace the drivers side rubber seat diaphragm. The passengers side was in good, not great condition. You’ll need a common electric knife to trim it down to shape.

I bought the foam from a foam store and purchased the most dense foam they had for seat cushions.

I also bought the seat covers from Lseat. They are holding up nicely.

1 Like

I still don’t understand exactly the purpose of the seat diaphragm … ? :confused:

The diaphram supports the foam above it, and provides additional springing. A lot of car makers used steel straps and springs. This provides the same function.

Jon