New turn signal switch harness wires to original 1961 wiring harness colours don’t match

I believe mine is a #C16069. Date on the switch is 10/62.

Wow, just to keep things simple. Well done Lions.

Those that are being sold by SNGB have the wiring configuration and colour coding that matches every wiring schematic I’ve seen. The issue that exist is that you can’t assemble the Steering Column Shroud with the units being sold by SNGB, due to the wrong position of the Shield. However, to their credit, they are taking steps to fix that.

Apart from the wrong wiring colour coding, Mike has also now found that he won’t be able to assemble the Shrouds and you can bet dollars to anything, that MR’s answer will be “we’ve sold hundreds of these units and never had an issue to date”.

The same as some years ago I had a prolonged email exchange convincing Robey that their engine frames for S3 cars were being made incorrectly. Eventually, he sent me what he called official Jaguar documentation, which turned out to be no more than a scan of the body geometry from the S3 workshop manual, that I know for sure has a few mistaken dimensions. It was clear that they couldn’t identify the horizontal dimension “E” in the drawing, from the actual downward slope of the top inner member towards the front. That conversation also started out with “we’ve sold hundreds of these without an issue to date”.

Regards,

Bill

If you try to get c16069 from SNGB they substitute c21710 which was never an E-Type part, so I don’t know if it has the same subcomponents.

No idea, but Tony told me the switchgear in Tweety was different, and it got sent to Jolly Olde to be rebuilt.

Received this picture from E Type Forum. The missing parts on my switch are two brass “wings” that attach by the wires and make contact with the lever to provide a ground path to operate the dash indicators.
Hopefully I can recreate those two bits.
My reply from MR is - we will contact the supplier of our parts. Please provide pictures of the issue. So where will this end up? :man_shrugging:
Mike

I have fashioned some “wings” out of stainless steel. Seems to work! i now have ground so the dash indicators should work.

An update:
MR is taking the switch back.
It has been a pleasure dealing with them.
Mike

1 Like