No turn signals but hazards work

I have the 1993 XJS running pretty well, even took it around the neighborhood the other day. One issue Ive found is that my turnsignals dont work, however my hazards work fine. I checked the fuse and it looks fine. Lights switch and everything else on the stalk work fine. Any ideas?

does the xjs have two flashers, one for turn signals one for 4 ways

Good question! Iā€™m trying to look at my wiring schematics now

If you are 100% sure that your stalk is working properly, your problem might be hiding in faulty hazard switch.
There is only one flasher (same for turn signals and hazard) but when hazard switch is off it should close the contacts to supply 12v to stalk.
My turn signals where not working as well on my 82ā€™ but my problem was traced to faulty stalk switch. Disassemled ,cleaned, relubed, and turn signals came back to life :wink:

1 Like

Ok cool! Im trying to pull my hazard switch today because it sticks some. Hopefully that may be it!

I think my 94 had two flashers.

Thanks for the input! I actually just got them working! I cleaned out and lubed the hazard switch, no go. I checked the fuse and it had power to it. Pulled the fuse and noticed the blades had a little corrosion on them. Cleaned and dielectric greased the blades, and they worked. Smh. Sometimes its the simple things lol. I needed to do the switch anyway because it was sticking