Noisy 420G fan (but not engine)

Tony and Ron: thanks for all the info and advice. My flex fan equipped G has an elegant alu adaptor and is very efficient but too nousy. I did the wobble test on 2 cars with the steel blade fan, and they are very solid. What car might the VC with a hole be for? It is NOS and I was told it was for the G.
How are they secured to the shaft into the water pump?image

Hey there. Was the car from Chicago the Cusick car? I have a '67 420G and replaced the non working clutch fan with a nylon one from Summit catalog. Very quiet and you don’t need to take out the radiator.

The maroon G was sold to me by the late (need to look in the file at home) in Chicago. It has the noisy flex fan.
I bought it upon somebodys recommendation as Rick Cusack had unfortunately sold his dark blue G to a dealer in NY, who then immediately sold it to someone in Turkey. That car was was in a very different league to the maroon one I bought. But after a lot of work it is now a very good car, but the interior is nowhere near Rick’s car.
I have tried to find the car in Turkey, and think it was sold at auction there a year later. No traces. Such a pity!

I looked at the ones from Summit. They have several. Which one did you get? Also flex, but how come it is so silent? compared to my alu bladed flex fan?

I’ll look when I go to my shop.Just one off the shelf and a generic spacer. I may have kept the invoice. I do for big stuff but may not have done so for this little thing.

Peder, the part number from 2015 from Summit is AAF-ALL30094, nylon 6 blade fan. Spacer FLX-14544. This was in 2015.Hope this helps. This is a very quiet fan and Cheap.

Hi Pat,
The current XK140 style fan is soon to be replaced. I looked at your fan and distance piece from Summit. Simple no VC solution, but with silent operation vs my noisy 140 fan?!?!

This one ought to work.
62mm thickness