Nut sizes used on SII car

Good evening everybody,

while there is still the original tool bag in the trunk of my car I had to find out that the original tools may look nice, but are of questionable quality and not complete.

After some searching I was able to source a nice used set of quality wrenches in imperial sizes. The only one missing is 11/16" (not bolt size, but distance between flanges). Before trying to find one I’d like to ask the combined wisdom whether there is any nut or bolt on this car asking for that size in the first place.

Thanks in advance

Jochen

Yes. Not that you are likely to need it by the side of the road. Some of the 7/16" (diameter) suspension bolts are 5/8" heads with 11/16" nuts.

Thanks John,

indeed, it’s not just meant as an tool kit for emergencies, but rather that I like to have all tools on board as I sometimes do jobs away from the workshop in the barn where the car is usually parked or with my favourite mechanic who is not equipped with imperial tools. So I’ll just get one.

Best wishes

Jochen

75 XJ6l 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Get the missing size. You will invariably find that that size is the one you you need!

1 Like

Yaps.
Tools is something you can never have enough.

Sure Aristides,

I guess this is the point where we encounter our prehistoric past as hunters and gatherers and our present in the form of special someones who tend to get slightly inquisitive about all these deliveries coming in and the basement getting ever more packed with … stuff.

And yet, I ordered the extra spanner … after all it just closes the existing gap!

Best

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

2 Likes