(*O*)Heat shield hardware/questions/Setscrews needed(*O*)

Never heard of it!
Thanx for the clarification – but what took you so long??

1 Like

Nope, and :“One Call Does It All” Walker jumped right onto it!

:rofl:

Sorry. Next time I’ll try to answer before you pose the question. :grin:

2 Likes

Fastener authenticity is covered in JCNA judging rules at page VI-6 under a section entitled “E Items common to all areas” . The deduction is .50 point to a max of 4 points total deduction for each area judged - in other words the max deduction for the engine compartment is 4 points. Over 35 years of judging I’d say this is something that is usually not enforced - I think most judges wouldn’t know what to look for. Having said that yellow cad plated bolts are v. noticeable so they may amount to red meat thrown …etc. Silver cad is probably ok. There are 4 spacers on the back that are the thickness of the “asbestos”.

IMG_9847

3 Likes

I concur, Terry, especially in this difficult-to-reach and hard-to-detect area. On my car, I somehow lost one of the four spacers, but a couple of fender washers fit nicely in their place. Undetectable, out of the way, and completely forgotten…until now!

Note in my JCNA show days, I was regularly swapping between two sets of porcelain coated manifolds–one at the platers, and one on the car. This job involves quite a bit of contortion, which was pretty easy in my 30s, but is hell on my back today. I did it for the last time in 2018, and went with JetHot silver ceramic. No more flaky porcelain worries.

2 Likes

My education has been enhanced again

2 Likes

@John_Walker You sir are a wealth of knowledge.

1 Like

Remember though, that you can’t drink sodium silicate. If you do you will get a pane in your stomach. :grinning:

5 Likes

Wow… I see what you did there!!!

:crazy_face: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

John’s humor is…

Transparent.

3 Likes

But he should be careful or his reputation will be stained.

2 Likes

Youz guyz need to stop, your going to shatter my low expectations for comedic relief.

3 Likes

Perhaps your expectations should be tempered. :rofl:

4 Likes

Eyes… glazing over?

Wait till @Lane_Adrian discovers it…:confounded:

3 Likes

I was driving past the prison the other night, when I saw a tiny man climbing out of a window and down a rope.

I thought - wow, that’s a little condescending.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Perhaps Candie made her first mistake by thinking anything this buncha cranky olde pharts yabber on about is anything BUT lowbrow…:laughing:

1 Like

Was a member of a corvette forum before coming here.

This place is tame compared to that place!

2 Likes

We got the lower heat shield installed and now to work on the brake servo shield.

Having someone under the car and someone up top helped but was still a pill with the exhaust in place.

Could y’all please post up pictures of the upper shield and brake bottles including the hoses underneath?

The aftermarket shield we have with the ceramic like backing is not cut correctly to accommodate the spacers. So having to figure out how to deal with that.

A Forstner drill bit!