Odd E Type for sale

Well you got me there John, it didn’t look like the long door to me either. Just following the rule of Occams razor. Someone took a substantially more expensive series 1, found a series three, chopped the rear 1/4s out of both and swapped them, then re fabbed the entire front end to get a series three front end to mate up. Then completely re fabbed the trans tunnel, had driveline made, then but a 200$ paint job on it… that cripples my ability to reason…

Look at the rear flares. They did NOT replace the quarters. They VERY crudely grafted S3 flares onto the S1 panels. You can SEE the join in the photos - just look for a line of rust bubbles.

Regards,
Ray L.

Ray, you are taking me me too literally. " chopping out the rear 1/4s, I guess I could have said " chopped up" .

I think the easiest way to confirm it’s a swb tub is look at the front windscreen rake. If it were a S3 tub the windscreen would be right behind the bonnet line and of course only 2 wipers. It’s a swb.

2 Likes

If I were stupidly rich–stupid, being the operative root-- I’d buy this turkey, then make a video of everything wrong with it.

It might take a few episodes…:woozy_face:

The devil made me do it. Photos of a 2+2 and a fhc. combined. No question this is a fhc. or the rare S2.5 but if so it would still be a S2.5 fhc.

pauls

Great work Paul…and Satan…, now how about an unmolested swb coupe for reference!

1 Like

Here’s one posing with some old retired fart.

1 Like

Well , not as molested as the S 2.5 : SII butt with a 1.5 face…

Marco

True but it illustrates the doors, which are Series II. As it left the factory from the bulkhead back, at least as far as bodywork modifications are concerned.