Original Water pump numbers

Hi All
Just a simple one and . The water pump body I found in the boxes of bits with my XK140ots has a cast number C14944 with a further 040 cast underneath. see photo. I expect that more than many other part water pumps were subject to refurbs and swap arounds between models and years with little concern.

The catalogue lists the pump assembly unit as C.7618 and the Body only as C.7452. Should I expect to see either of these numbers on the body for the correct part? Has anyone got a pump body with either of these numbers, as in the catalogue, cast on? I will not be using the part I have again but just need to know what is the authentic route to go.
Many thanks Geoffrey

Geoffrey,

Body C.14944 belongs to Water Pump C.15694, used on various Jaguars of the early Sixties. See the table I made some years ago.

The XK 140 used Pump C.7618 with Body C.7452 which had a somewhat different Heater Hose connection and a “square” hub on which the fan was fitted. Although Pump C.15694 was recommended as a replacement for Pump C.7618, I don’t know how exactly the Heater Hose and the Fan of the XK 140 fit Pump C.15894.

Bob K.

1 Like

Hey Bob
Thanks for this useful and comprehensive table. I would like to source a C.7452 body and take the re- conditioning forward from that point.
Its been a great help.
Cheers Geoffrey

Hi Bob:

The table is very useful information. I have a spare water pump which I believe was probably the original on my '53 120 (engine number W9053-8). I say “believe” because I recall when I first purchased the car the water pump had a long tube with a capped grease cup at the top that you turned to lubricate the bearing. A portion of the tapped casting into which the tube threaded has broken away, possibly when it was rebuilt I can’t remember, and the tube and cup are long one. The pump currently on the car has a grease fitting in that position. The spare pump carries the number Q29 and underneath C4938 and it has a 5 vane impellor. From your table this appears to fit with your “W5465 onwards”. Thanks.

Chris.

Tell us where in the world you are located.

Sorry Mike

I should have said - I am in LONDON UK .

Thanks Geoffrey

1 Like

Nice job on that table. Do you perhaps have it in some format with text like Excel, Word, or whatever?

Greg,

This is part of an older article I wrote in 2017 and was published in the XK Gazette in 2021. It also covers the (superior?) Whiteley aftermarket pumps, typically coded WX 79 and WX 128 (if you ever see one offered somewhere).

I cannot present these files (Word, PDF and Excel) on this site; I can only make a copy as a picture and present it here. See the other spreadsheet with data for the XK water pumps.

Send me a PM if you want the Excel files.

Bob K.

Mk1 used C7452. I guess the unique thing of these is the aluminum elbow connector bolted on the side.

Hi ,Same pump as used on XK140/150 and 3.4 Saloon (Mk1), aluminum connection is upside down and is for the heater return connection, as used on my 150…
John