Overall general talk about my XJ6 sovereign series 3 4.2

Hi all just general talk …. Running normally again :sunglasses: was a great achievement the last few months the report I’ve done on this…. Very sensitive to voltage one of the issues was the coil has to be 2.1 omhs to 8,23 resistance…… 263 miles done tonight home by 3am …
I only got 140 miles on the red Bosch coil I did a video clip to catch it intermittently
view my page at 11pm last night i waited for the engine to cool this is my report I was thinking At least I made it home nursing
:pray:just happened after 140 miles coming up the road … anyway when my friend Sean is back from holidays after next week , I will drop the car over to him to get the smoke test for the CO properly

I’m just addled at this stage…
something on load is tripping she’s struggled to start she didn’t do that yesterday … i believe maybe the CO is the air flow meter is to low setting I can’t really tell without a smoke tester … I’ll just get it into the garage tonight at home … but she drove perfectly no stalling
when driving

only after 140 miles … this is very strange issue she wouldn’t even start when I got home I wait a few , i decided to catch it on video I saved to my telephone…. I wait a Few seconds she fired up again
….
I’m very close at getting there I’m not giving up on this car 1 year & half so far :blush: great determination game is me
now she’s going into gear without stalling when I wait a few minutes… only other thing could be is an electric , when the car is hot coil on load …. I leave it cool down try another ignition coil
I have a 123 ignition coil 2.1 omhs by themselves this company just maybe on hot load this coil is not able she’s Bosch red 1.8 omhs … them cars are very sensitive to voltage either that or there’s a break in the wiring for the balances resistor but if that was the case i checked this before…
she’d be tripping all the time…
so my guess is the coil for now ……… at least I’m in my driveway at home :pray:… now i shower because i will feel better then afterwards I ,
I fit this 2.1 omhs coil …
I’ll get it into garage after road test again …
first this engine has to cool down so after my shower cuppa of Barry’s tea & honey wiill be good to go …. This is very strange this issue , I believe this coil might be my issue hopefully :crossed_fingers: :pray: I believe there’s a brake down in this coil only very intermediate or it can’t run with this car ….
I don’t believe it’s the ignition itself if so she would not have drove tonight… I was very lucky nobody was behind me when I cut out on the road near my home that’s why I only test this car at night …. Very quite around… the coil that’s in it is very hot boiling……
this is not normal temperature…. I’ve witnessed this before in ownership of the 1964 jag
. With the 123 electric ignition this car is standard originally electric ignition the old jag had a mechanical :gear: she can only take a 3 omhs coil or higher…. I just did this test on that car when I put the Bosch red coil on , she was stalling I came back to this car the XJ6 sovereign …
I said to myself okay my problem is this coil I had a coil by 123 ignition as the Bosch red is no longer available but it solved it ….
….
when I got home I was thinking afterwards could it be this bloody coil the unit by 123 is like the original unit by Bosch red
coil 2.1 omhs 8,23 resistance
……. Either that or the 2 Bosch Coils were bad a patch’s as
been a worldwide shortage that’s why 123 company make there own coils….
I drove on anyway with tiredness I feel very
tired now nearly 4am in the morning , this weekend was well achieved spent …… I could only bare to drive 263 miles she’s functioning normally to test once I achieved this job tonight on the XJ6 …… she’s going super now
…….
Yesterday I was 9 hours on the road in my daily car music on & drive throughout day into night & morning I like the road clear the head I was up in mayo Ireland n
…. weather was very bad …. This evening was better for this car to test again
…. Nice to spend time alone & resting the mind , I’d be a bit of loner myself……

Scrolling view over the last few months this week on Wednesday I bypassed the fuel cut switch the car drove 100 miles no problems + no problems cutting out or stalling when driving….
unlike last time 67 few weeks ago I had issuess stalling began while driving ….
Hi all very
good morning, as of today I’m convinced she’s sorted 100% I’m certainty the test on ECU is perfectly normal functioning….
Indeed
a smoke test will tell how the air flow meter is & the CO , the idle is perfection setup … my friend Sean we do together in a weeks as he is on holiday trip
The smoke test for the emissions I believe she’s perfect currently….
… I’m feel very happy now the reconditioning Air flow meter is by a great company called
ATC drivetrain U.K. … temperamental the Series 3 … I believe there was a harsh loud on getting gear to idle was to high

when i bypassed the fuel cut switch system
she hasn’t stalled when driving at all , you’ve got to remember since ownership I keep well maintained I’ve 30k thousand miles up on this car my father did very low mileage compared to me cars are ment to be driven since the big work load I like this car in 2018 if you view my page the 1964 jag is the same
…. 8
years & counting since 2016 lovely trip to Kent England :england: we did to buy bring home … scroll to view … I’m feeling happy can you imagine if you look on my page view my report on this car the last year & a half if you had to pay someone labour cost of it today I can just imagine the bill… so i actually saved a fortune now it took me a year & a half to get this far with this … working a full time job as well in the garage in my grandfathers company…… view my page you’ll see the jobs I’ve done on both cars actually… this car since the E10 fuel system is in the timing had to be 28.C degrees myself my friend Sean did back in early February

View my page you’ll see my year & half on this XJ6 …. I’m very happy the process to the problem was a few issues. It is difficult to achieve determination , main one was a bad air flow meter ,I got the original re conditioned….
I’ve a Report back a few months ago , view my page you’ll see……

I also believe the temperamental issue was the coup she’s very sensitive to voltage 2,1omhs 8,23 resistance 123 ignition themselves this company do them coils……

Scroll to view over the last few evenings this week on Wednesday I bypassed the fuel cut switch the car drove 100 miles no problems + no problems cutting out or stalling when driving….
unlike last time 67 few weeks ago I had issuess stalling began while driving ….
Hi all very
good mid night evening , as of today I’m convinced she’s sorted 100% I’m certainty the test on ECU is perfectly normal functioning….
Indeed
a smoke test will tell how the air flow meter is & the CO , the idle is perfection setup … my friend Sean we do together in a weeks as he is on holiday trip
The smoke test for the emissions I believe she’s perfect currently….
… I’m feel very happy now the reconditioning Air flow meter is by a great company called
ATC drivetrain U.K. … temperamental the Series 3 … I believe there was a harsh loud on getting gear to idle was to high

when i bypassed the fuel cut switch system
she hasn’t stalled when driving at all , you’ve got to remember since ownership I keep well maintained I’ve 30k thousand miles up on this car my father did very low mileage compared to me cars are ment to be driven since the big work load I like this car in 2018 if you view my page the 1964 jag is the same
…. 8
years & counting since 2016 lovely trip to Kent England :england: we did to buy bring home … scroll to view … I’m feeling happy can you imagine if you look on my page view my report on this car the last year & a half if you had to pay someone labour cost of it today I can just imagine the bill… so i actually saved a fortune now it took me a year & a half to get this far with this … working a full time job as well in the garage in my grandfathers company…… view my page you’ll see the jobs I’ve done on both cars actually… this car since the E10 fuel system is in the timing had to be 28.C degrees myself my friend Sean did back in early February

View my page you’ll see my year & half on this XJ6 …. I’m very happy the process to the problem was a few issues. It is difficult to achieve determination , main one was a bad air flow meter ,I got the original re conditioned….
I’ve a Report back a few months ago , view my page you’ll see……

Scroll to view i honestly believe the original unit coil on this car was oil base … the 123 red coil by themselves company is like the original that Bosch unit red is different base … scroll to view i believe because of world wide shortage might have been a bad patch in this coil Bosch red my opinion it can’t work on the XJ6 series 3 cars
….
i road test a more tonight view my last post about it she’s going much better with this 123 red coil … if you watch my video clip i will share in another post she absolutely struggled to start after 140 miles

At least I made it home :pray:just happened after 140 miles coming up the road … anyway when my friend Sean is back from holidays after next week , I will drop the car over to him …
I’m just addled at this stage…
something on load is tripping she’s struggled to start she didn’t do that yesterday … i believe maybe the CO is the air flow meter is to low setting I can’t really tell without a smoke tester … I’ll just get it into the garage tonight but she drove perfectly no stalling
when driving

only after 140 miles … this is very strange issue she wouldn’t even start when I got home I wait a few i decided to catch it on video I saved to my telephone…. I wait a Few seconds she fired up again
….
I’m very close at getting there I’m not giving up on this car 1 year & half so far :blush: great determination game is me
now she’s going into gear without stalling when I wait a few minutes… only other thing could be is an electric , when the car is hot coil on load …. I leave it cool down try another ignition coil
I have a 123 ignition coil 2.1 omhs by themselves this company just maybe on hot load this coil is not able she’s Bosch red 1.8 omhs … them cars are very sensitive to voltage either that or there’s a break in the wiring for the balances resistor but if that was the case i checked this before…
she’d be tripping all the time…
so my guess is the coil for now ……… at least I’m in my driveway at home :pray:… now i shower because i will feel better then afterwards I I fit this 2.1 omhs coil … I’ll get it into garage … first this engine has to cool down so after my shower cuppa of Barry’s tea & honey wiill be good to go …. This is very strange this issue I believe this coil might be my issue hopefully :crossed_fingers: :pray: I believe there’s a brake down in this coil only very intermediate I don’t believe it’s the ignition itself if so she would not have drove tonight… I was very lucky nobody was behind me when I cut out on the road near my home that’s why I only test this car at night …. Very quite around… the coil that’s in it is very hot boiling……
this is not normal temperature…. I’ve witnessed this before in ownership of the 1964 jag She’s not sensitive to voltage.

Read my 23rd of February bad voltage to the starter relay bad voltage on body earth connections February this month
from earth battery to body
I clean , maybe the intermittent was earthing body &
issue was the ECU I’ll know for sure after ATC test it a company I came access on instagram this owner with a V12 XJ6 jag he recommended me to this company…. He had awful issues…. Like me experiencing …… after 1 year & a half…
who do old car
& all vehicles electrics repairing from torque conductors to ABS systems
Trucks cars
All automotive they do it will be handy for us at work on older vehicles getting this work done if needed with ATC drivetrain U.K. … make sure you give them getting work done there chassis….
the alternator tripping it as well I won’t know till after ATC drivetrain U.K. test the ECu repair if necessary they do lifetime warranty once you still own the car & proof of the repair by invoice…. & your name & phone number & email talking about it to you ……

ken Jenkins has good 2’be hand working order coming to US ECU & I’ll send to ATC i’ve the box packaged up ….
repair the original & air flow meter that definitely happened because is damaged inside the electrics & mechanical parts worn… happy Friday evening from Ireland… after 13 miles no issues or stalling I’ve it solved…… scroll to view… a year & half on this car it took me great determination…… I believe now after was the air flow meter she’s going well… first functioning normally this evening Scroll to view myself my friend Sean did the timing yesterday with E10 to 28 degrees… she’s going very well after my tea at the creamery restaurant

I want to drive her to gort & home again… I’ve no working Speedo mileage I believe this is a transducer… I have new at home I will fit soon when my reconditioned air flow meter arrives … my friend Sean loaned me for a car he had 1982 XJ6 a clients Air flow meter … so he took the one from our car she causing issues weeks ago I sent the original unit to ATC drive train for re conditioning…… so far so good :smiley:…. ATC tested the original ECu she tested ok…. But the air flow meter the original all the parts broke up inside that’s re conditioned now…

Xj6 series 3 ignition res Bosch coil 1.8 omhs can’t work , 2.1 omhs 8,23 omhs secondary resistance
voltage Sensitive by 123 ignition company … car is running normally functioning 260 miles 140 on 1,8 coil …

• 120 road testing after this 2,1 omhs 8,23 coil 123 red
    on the old Bosch red coil 1,8 omhs … stalling happened & intermittent issues…. Since the 123 red coil is in she’s perfect working order… this is an oil base coil like the original unit …… the Bosch red is different can’t work on this car with the original Lucas electric ignition 1984 generation ……
    2018 big suspension work on

Scroll to view on my instagram daves_classic_jaguars with the 123 coil 2.1 omhs she’s perfect…. 260 miles no problems :sunglasses: view my page you’ll see the overcome on this car 3 am in the morning in Ireland :ireland: … I’m very happy I had a feeling view my other few posts you’ll see the video after 140 miles with the other coil Bosch unit 1.8 omhs … them cars the XJ6 series 3s are very sensitive to voltage the original unit must have been 2.1 the weather tonight in Ireland was much better then last night & evening… 123 company we have the ignition of this in the 1964 jag …. They now the ignition coils for the old classic motor cars good quality no stalling issues she’s going perfectly 260 miles done tonight after 140 on the other coil … the problem was the bloody coil at this point if you asked me what solved the problem I can’t honestly tell you I do believe view my page was a few issues…… I did a report up 3am in the morning this weekend was a good run :sunglasses::wrench: I’m so happy it is solved … view my page this will help ownerships like people like me … I’ve many reports up view my page on my facebook or instagram….

& just get a nice ownership with this car experience in my opinion don’t ever buy a series 3 this car it tested my determination :sweat_smile::rofl:
…… 1 year & a half on this …. & doing a full time job in my grandfathers garage as well … but anyhow I do believe since the fuel cut switch is bypassed that was my issue as well…… since ownership I’ve 30k thousand miles on this car nice to use them :sunglasses:… I do believe also bad air flow meter & the original unit been the alternator was faulty… I got a new unit from my friend guss in Ennis in February he worked for my grandfather years ago…. ATD U.K. do a super job on the air flow meter re conditioned view my page you’ll see to help with such a car ownership experiences like me you’ll be happy with such an experience :blush:… I also believe it’s a big problem to maintain anyhow my opinion is don’t buy series 3 without knowing what your facing into they drive lovely on the road such a refined automotive but very temperamental , this is only 4.2 6 cylinder XK. I’m thinking of anthem song to play now… if anyone needs advice or help on relays for these cars let me know please I can try my best to help …. I’ve 3 original Lucas 22RA out of this car on 40A 2 of Lucas 22RA
in the side wall panels for the lights i believe & for the heating function……. & the trip computer
The starter relay is 80A to replace old Lucas 22RA just a general report on this car she’s going very well

Scroll to view my instagram i honestly believe the original unit coil on this car was oil base … the 123 red coil by themselves company is like the original that Bosch unit red is different base … scroll to view i believe because of world wide shortage might have been a bad patch in this coil :pray: i road test a more tonight view my last post about it she’s going much better with this coil … if you watch my video clip in last post she absolutely struggled to start after 140 miles… been a great car overall since ownership 2016 myself my old man….