Passener seat "BACK" was tipped forward and cannot get it backward to a good position. Driver's side words like a charm

https://www.sngbarratt.com/us/#!/English/FindParts/Families/E-Type%20~2F%20XKE/3/78/all/1/10/1/viewassembly/22629/:FRONT%20SEATS%20&%20SLIDES

Be sure to explore the numbered items on the right side of the page as there are many smaller parts not shown on the diagram.

Tony, went back in and found FHC ’68 2+2 1.5, and found seats and doors (pg. 255) but not much help.-----Bob

Bob, let’s try something else. Go to the Barrett’s site, click Find Parts, click E Types, click DHC S2, click Body Fittings, click interior and seats. If I have remembered the sequence correctly you should be looking at an exploded picture of a seat showing the runners and recline mechanisms. As Doug says you need to scroll down to the list of component parts and by clicking on a part it will open up to reveal some of the smaller components relating to that part. You can also click on a number on the diagram and this too will open up the list on the right.

Now this diagram may not correspond exactly with your seat but it will be a representation that may help to understand how the seats are constructed and fitted, so let’s try this and see if it helps.

By the way I am surprised at the responses you got from Barrett’s USA, in the UK the guys are really helpful. I was at their stand at a show yesterday where they had computer links to their stores and were providing all sorts of help and advice to owners of many different models of Jaguar, so I think it may be worth ringing them back once you have the seat out and can see any damaged parts.
Tony

Wow-Did I ever find a good friend and a gentleman named Tony! Tony I will be glad to do this and follow through and I’m glad your spoon feeding me because I need that as I’m not a computer guru. I will work on this tomorrow and get back to you and again thank you for your wonderful help!did I ever find a good friend and a gentleman named Tony! Tony I will be glad to do this and follow through I’m glad your spoon feeding me because I need that as I’m not a computer guru. I will work on this tomorrow and get back to you and again thank you for your wonderful help!!

Tony, thank you for the webpages, on the 68 1.5 it just shows seat hinges, on the 69 DHC 2+2 -S2 I can see the recline mechanism but I can’t see any of the inner guts as to how it operates. Those parts sure are costly.

Bob
I directed you there so you have an idea of what is under the seat when you take it out. I think your only option is to remove the seat to be able to then strip down the recline mechanism to repair whatever is causing the jam. As it is only the seat back that is stuck, you should still be able you move the seat laterally to get at the screws to remove it.

This is not a long job and should take 15-20 minutes to remove depending on how cooperative the screws are during removal. Once out you can then use the above diagrams to start taking off the recline lever and springs. Take a picture of the spring location before taking it off as they are shaped. There is one on each side of the seat, perhaps one of these has snapped causing the jam. The mechanism is quite simple and well within the scope of a competent diy’er. Once apart check all the different parts but especially the springs and ratchet mechanisms.
Tony