Petrol pipe through boot floor

140DHC - I’m installing the petrol tank, and am hoping someone can tell me if there should be a grommet or sealer of some kind where the metal filler tube at the top of the tank passes through the boot floor and heads up to the filler. Is this hole sealed, or left open?
Thanks
Roger

Hi Roger…fitted my new tank in my 150 yesterday…there wasnt a grommet when i removed my original but a rubber dust/ dirt protector on top of floor around the tank filler…will post a photo soon…Steve

That would be great, thanks Steve. The filler will be hidden from view by the metal cover, but I’m sure there should be something to stop the weather getting in there.
Roger

Here you go Roger…the square rubber is a tight fit over the tank filler tube but not stuck down to the boit floor…its also shown in thee Viart 150 book…Steve

Thanks Steve, that’s very helpful. I think a bit of sealer underneath might help keep the water out!

1 Like

Hi Roger…on mine the hole in the rubber was a tight fit…and i suppose due to age had a slight turned down edge where it fits over the tank fill pipe…so when i refitted it i ensured the edge was turned down…Springs fitted today…rear axel tomorrow…Steve

I was thinking of sealer to seal it to the boot floor, the pipe can be a tight fit.

1 Like