Picture of '71 XKE Firewall w/Vacuum and Heater Pipes

Hi All,

Does anyone have any pictures of the '71 XKE Firewall showing how the vacuum and heater pipes feed through the firewall?

I believe I have the heater pipes and firewall holes identified, but need the vacuum pipes…

Thanks!
Bob

Here is where they are on my '69 S2:

Here’s a couple more looks:

not to go too off topic but is there a good source for the speedo cable grommet? hole diameter is 1.25"
the one i bought from terrys jaguar is too small even though they say its the correct one.

Hi Geo,

Looks like only x1 vacuum pipe (green circle)? Correct? x3 Heater pipes (white circles)? Correct?
Thanks, Bob

The two green circles show each end of the vacuum pipe.

Yes, there are three heater pipes. One end of one heater pipe has no flange - that is the one that goes into the heater valve.

Thanks Geo!
Many thanks for your reply,
Bob

I don’t want to brag but “my hands were too big” to get the pipes in place, so I cut a small access hole which allowed the pipes to slip in easily. When I was done, i closed the door and put some fiberglass over the door and refitted the heater fan assembly.

Hi All,

Sorry to bring this one back up again, but my supplier only sells a pipe set of x3. I need to confirm if the LHD XKE had x3 heater pipes (firewall) and x1 vacuum. Also, if this picture correctly depicts a RHD XKE (which had x2 vacuum pipes through firewall). Another question,
which vacuum pipe location is for a LHD XKE? Thanks, Bob

I think I stole these pic from John Farrell’s site -

Heater pipes:

Vacuum pipe:

I believe V1 in that photo are the portals used for a LHD vacuum pipe, as circled in green here:

RHDs were different as the brake booster was on the right - I actually worked out the RHD pipe differences once but it made my head hurt.

On RHD the master and vacuum reservoir are on the right, but the booster remains on the left. So you need two vaccum pipes across the bulkhead: one for the vacuum source from the checkvalve to the “front” of the booster, and one from the reaction valve to the “rear” of the booster.

-David

Okay, maybe that was when my head started throbbing.

Thanks Guys!

Now need to locate the vacuum pipe. One of my usuals said they dont sell, which is very odd?
Thanks again, Bob

This might be of some help.

Regards,
Tony

Hi Tony,

This is great! Many thanks!
Bob