Quick rear trunk wiring question

Hey all,
Wiring the trunk to a 71’ FHC Series 2 LHD, on the left hand side I’ve got 3 green wires and one red wire coming from the lighting end of the harness (by this I mean the harness ends in 3 clusters, one for the rear window defrost, one for the lights, and one for the fuel sender).
These wires have a rubber case:
Green with red
Green with brown
Green with purple
The red wire I have is a woven case.
My understanding is that the Green with red wire is the left rear directional, while the other green wires are for the parking lights. Is this correct? If so, why is one green with brown and one is green with purple? Is it because one is for the license plate light (I thought this was just wires on the same circuit as the marker/parking lights)?

Additionally, on the right hand side of the trunk, there is a green with white wire I understand is the right rear directional, but there is again a red woven wire and a green with purple rubber wire.

Any help is appreciated, let me know if I can explain anything else!
Thanks
Dyl

Yes, Gw is for the signal light. The Green-purple wire feeds the brake light, Green-brown the backup light. The solid Red wire powers the running light (same circuit as the headlights).

I was just a couple of days ago troubleshooting a brake light issue with a fellow J-Ler in his ‘69.

Thanks so much, for some reason I completely forgot brake lights existed.

That is a nice schematic …. Colour coded and all …… very useful for those that have not done wiring before

1 Like

Chris,

Sorry to be a kill joy, but are either of the diagrams you posted copyrighted material, and if so do you have the copyright owner’s permission to post them on a public forum? I ask, as some of the usual vendors sell wiring diagrams for the various models, and have no doubt copyrighted them to protect their investment.

-David

That is an interesting idea…… how an they be copyrighted as the original ownership of that copyright surely lies with Jaguar ?

Danny, You raise an interesting point to which I don’t know the answer. I would presume that there would be no copyright issue if the authors simply retained their versions for private use, even though they are derived from Jaguar copyrighted material from the Service Manual. However, when the documents are published, and even more so if the are offered for sale, I imagine that Copyright may be an issue, and does it belong to Jaguar or the author of the revised version? I posted my comment here as the 2nd version posted above didn’t seem to be attributed, and for all I know could be a copy of the product being sold by one of the usuals, and if that were the case the owners of this site would want it removed immediately, as they have in the past.

To print or use for profit- no. All individual use.

this is for a series 1 ots i have a series 2 fhc

It apparently pops up in several places. click on link below to see. But there is no indication as to the originator or copyright holder, if any, of the diagram.

Bing