Re: Semi-Rolling Chassis

XK Folks;
In the last several days we have discussed the status of a couple of folks XK’s… In re-reading some of these, it came off like my XK120 DHC was (mostly) a bare chassis and several (dozen?) boxes of parts and that I was “one foot in the grave” with the other one on a banana peel!! (this might be close to the truth… ;-} )
Well, I figured I’d better set the record straight… at least “unbend” the ol’ 45 RPM record.
Herewith are two pictures of my chassis, sitting on Jack-Stands, On my Four Post Lift.
Comments welcome…
Charles Ch #677556.
Well, I have two pics to attach, but cannot find “How/Where” to perform that task… The “Original” Jag-Lovers system was a helluva lot better!!!

Charles,

Simply “copy-paste” them from a picture you can see on your screen into the text you have been writing. It isn’t more difficult than that.

Bob K.

Bob_K1
I appreciate the help… Thanks.

We’ll see how this goes… meanwhile, back to the shop and the Jag…
Charles Ch #677556

1 Like

slap on a few body panels, bolt in the seats, mount those tires and lets go !!
Nick

1 Like

Nick;
The DHC “might” take a bit more reassembly than your suggest… just a bit, tho… ;-}
Charles Ch #677556

I like the tri-color third member!

Paul;
I wouldn’t exactly call it a “Tri-Colour”… (I can’t sing the “La Marseillaise”, rousing diddy that it is, in French OR English!) The diff cover plate is “unpainted”, aka “Natural”, so it has no “colour” (actually, it IS “Clear-Coated”)… So, I’ll go with a “Bi-Colour” diff. ;-}
Additional Trivia… WAY back when, we had a rather lengthy discussion (like months!!) on the
“correct” colour of the XK120’s Differential… It was accepted that the axle tubes were black… BUT…
What was the Diff Housing?? We got answers from all over the world… no two were alike…
Eventually, “A Conclusion” was (more or less) agreed upon that the differential housing was painted with a “Glyptal-like” paint, then machined, then axle tubes welded on, then the entire unit was then painted black…
Right after the XK was driven thru a puddle of water, the “black” all but washed-off the diff housing,
leaving the famous “Red-Orange” (Glyptal) primer… I just skipped the “driving thru the puddle” part!
Charles #677556.