Rear Caliper Brake Line Routing S1 FHC

I’ve a question on the brake lines on the calipers for the S1 FHC. I noted in my Differential Color thread that @skiracer (Doug) has the cross over lines on his S1.5 OTS run differently than mine were when I dismantled the IRS.
Here’s Doug’s S1.5 OTS

12-75/dp/B005QQLMBO/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=glyptal&qid=1657981660&sr=8-3). Not cheap but you only do this once…

[/quote]

Here’s my S1 FHC

I’m searching archives, but I see my routing but haven’t found an absolutely definitive answer as yet.

Is there a right or wrong? Perhaps the difference between the Series? Or maybe for routing the added bleeders? BTW I will add the bleeders so I could use references for that. Also, I do not have the brake lines that run forward of the IRS. If anyone has pics there, that would be helpful.

This is how I found mine:

I routed the replacement brake lines to enable the best possible bleeding using the remote bleeders. I don’t know if this is “right” but I can say it works very well and the brakes are very nice.

This is the routing of the brake line from the brake switch to the rear flexhose connection:

right, thanks, Doug. So you did run the caliper cross-overs to accommodate bleeders. I was wondering about that. Your before and after pics are amazing. What a change in appearance! I note that between your upper pic and the lower one, you changed the cross-over routing.
As I have just now finished the caliper mounting and safety wiring and the handbrake calipers are off I am ready to plumb it. I have the rear brakes lines in my Cu-Ni kit, but I have yet to bend them and if there is a better way to route things to do the bleeders, now is a good time. The hydraulics won’t care which way they’re run as long as all pressures are common. Didn’t @Ahwahnee have a pretty slick way of running the bleed lines too?

I also appreciate the routing from the firewall back. I never had the long lines, nor the flex line going to the cage. that shouldn’t be too hard, it is the twisty ones that are a pain if you don’t have something to model after.

I ran the usual s/s remote lines up and over the caliper (note: S2) so the bleeders are on the lower rear edge of the IRS cage:

Makes bleeding simpler as the car stays on the ground and you work more-or-less comfortably on the floor of the garage.

thank you George. I recall you telling me you did something a bit different. That looks useful and sanitary.

I thought I’d add these pics of the rear brake line and master cylinder routing. I need to grease that handbrake cable too.