Rear stabilising links, rollbar linkage, control arm bushes, front suspension, tie rods, reluctor rings etc, do's and don'ts?

Cheers everyone :slight_smile:

So I have a 2002 Jaguar S type sports, non-adaptive suspension.

Problem started last year when the reluctor rings started to eat the ABS sensor in the rear.

So, this is a good time to rebuild stuff in the rear suspension/linkage etc.

REAR:
The stabilising links are shot, as well as the roll bar linkage. the roll bar bushings looks OK but will be replaced due to the low extra cost.

The lower control arm (wishbone) on both sides have (at least) a bad outer bushing. Is poly bushes a good alternative?

When removing the drive axles, is there anything in particular to think about. take extra care to do or not do?

FRONT:

The right front corner shock absorber is bleeding like sinners bleed. The sports variant shocks are hard to find and quite expensive, the regular ones is a third of the cost. Driving around with sports rear suspension and front comfort suspension, browsing this forum it doesn’t seem to be a big deal. I seldom drive in a very spirited fashion anyway, and my S type with regular suspension isn’t bad at cornering at all. So, does this matter or should one replace all shocks?

The left corner is knocking when driving in low speeds over potholes and such, some forum posts suggest it might be the shocks or lower ball joints. Can it be bad inner tie/track rods?

I will change the front roll bar bushings just because. I am considering poly bushes here as well.

When doing all this work, anything else one should do while in there?

Hello. Sorry, I’ve not looked at JL for a while.
I pretty much did all of that when I got my 2002.5 4.2 V8.
Due to my budget I bought some aftermarket items…everything good, except the fine looking rear tie-rods chewed out the inner of the ball end. It took me ages to work out why the car would wander off line. The deterioration took place over several months and I did not suspect those parts I’d used. Fixed the problem with genuine Jaguar parts…ouch$
Hope your project is going well.