Looking for advice re greasing rear wheel bearings on XK120 OTS please., I’m probably overthinking it but as it involves brakes want to be sure:
• Have found the rear nipples and have read that one should pump grease into these until grease emerges from the little vent holes on the top of each bearing housing. Also read that one should apply grease sparingly for fear of excess grease getting into the brakes. But what does this mean in practice? Ie If I stop as soon as grease comes out of the vent holes should I be right?
• Can anyone describe or preferably provide photo of the location of these vent holes, please?
• Attempted it last night but bailed out and then had a devil of a time wrestling to remove the grease gun fitting from the nipple under the car as the Monza F1 race time approached.
• Have purchased the extended LockNLube fitting which gets good reviews. Proposing to use Castrol LMM grease.
• PS, successfully did the front bearings on the weekend, they needed it, noticed a very dry sounding bearing, lucky as have a longish trip planned, figured the rears may be similarly dry.