Recommended torque for cylinder head nuts 3.5L engine

Dear friends
I am looking in generally for torque values for the 3.5L engine and in particular head nuts and crackshaft caps.
Thanks in advance
Benny

Hmm, I had a look through the '46-48 Service Manual and it wasn’t there, funny thing to leave out.
But its in the Mark V Service Manual.
page B37, 3.5 cylinder head = 750 inch pounds
page B36, maximum torque for main bearing nuts = 1000 inch pounds

The reason they say maximum, I take it, for main bearing nuts, is that you tighten them to about 1000, then back off until you can get a split pin in there.
Never ever re-use an old split pin (penny wise and pound foolish); always use new. Be sure to trim off the excess ends and don’t leave them sticking out where they will catch on the crankshaft. Plate B24 is a pretty good picture of the proper way to install them, one end curled down to almost touch the washer, the other end curled over the end of the bolt.

I should have included the 2.5 Litre.
The main bearing torque is the same, 1000 max.
The cylinder head torque is 1100 inch pounds for the straight 1/2" studs, but 750 inch pounds for the 1/2" waisted studs, i.e. those with a narrow waist.

Hello

With regards to aligning split pins in the main bearing caps of a 3.5 motor which I have just completed fitting the crank to, I swapped the nuts around of the ones where the holes didn’t align until I found the right combination for all the split pins to fit. I may have been lucky but all the caps are now at 83 ft/lb.

Cheers Peter