Replacing worn rear tyres

people have had trouble in the past trying to source Pirelli P Zero Assimetrico I need new ones on the rear of my 2001 XK8 coupe
255/45/R18 anyone know where I can get them please or suggest alternatives Bernard Dillon

Where are you Bernard?
Are the old Zeros the early (AO) version or PZ4? In the latter case are they the luxury or sport version?
PZ4s are available here in NZ.

Georgie

Thanks Georgie

Daren’t think about transport cost from NZ! Although still shown on Pirelli UK web site the best bet seems identical Pirelli tyre with an ‘M’ in the specification which apparently signifies OK for Mercedes. It’s a pity that Jaguar do not update recommended tyres for some of the ‘classics’ however speed limit in UK is 70mph and I don’t do track days so a thick piece of liquorice would probably do the job!

Bernard

PS I suppose I could ship car to NZ have tyre fitted and drive back to UK write a book on it and have enough money to buy an ‘E type’……of only!!

Hi Bernard
If P zeros are available here, I’d have thought them to be extremely plentiful in UK!
NZ roads tend to be rather twisty and hilly, so good grip comes in handy here even if you are staying reasonably close to the legal limit.
The rears on our XKR are AO and will need replacing in the next 12 months. I’m tempted to go for the PZ4 M, as our main enjoyment lies in covering long distances quickly without compromising too much on comfort. Road noise in the XK is tolerable, but not as quiet as any of our XJs, especially the series 3. Still, the PZ4 Sport is reported to be better than the AO, so it may be a matter of taking whatever is available in the correct size at the time.

I wonder if any of our contributors can share their experience of the different versions of PZ4?
Georgie

Please, I had the same car…try the Michelin pilot sports…you would think you rebuilt the entire car…
Your drone noise from the camber setting will be gone and the vibration and harness will all disappear.
gtjoey1314

Thanks but already found and ordered Pirelli but happy with those in the past.

Thanks for the support

Bernard